Highlighted
Sr. Community Expert Advisor

Thousands of Mozilla developers’ e-mail addresses, password hashes exposed

A database glitch caused the data to reside on a publicly accessible server.

Sr. Community Expert Advisor

2016-07-18_12-11-32.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Bronze VIP

Mozilla Warns of Accidental Leak of Developer Network Email Database

Email addresses of 76,000 members of Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) and 4,000 passwords have become publicly available because of a process failing to sanitize data properly.

Mozilla issued a warning about the incident, saying that they were informed by a web developer that around June 23 a data sanitization flaw caused the disclosure of the sensitive information about the developers.

Full Article

Community Leader

Re: Mozilla Warns of Accidental Leak of Developer Network Email Database

You would think Mozilla had all the security issues covered as good as they are!!!!

Community Leader

Community Expert Advisor

Re: Mozilla Warns of Accidental Leak of Developer Network Email Database

Antus67 wrote:
You would think Mozilla had all the security issues covered as good as they are!!!!

Well, this one was an internal security issue. It doesnt appear to involve a leak of personal information, but a possible leak of their "trade secrets".

My father used to say when I was a kid "the shoemakers kids dont have shoes"

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!