light bulb

Did You Know?

Highlighted
Topics: 4,576
Kudos: 8,712

Thousands of Mozilla developers’ e-mail addresses, password hashes exposed

A database glitch caused the data to reside on a publicly accessible server.

Sr. Community Leader

Topics: 1,148
Kudos: 2,417

Mozilla Warns of Accidental Leak of Developer Network Email Database

Email addresses of 76,000 members of Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) and 4,000 passwords have become publicly available because of a process failing to sanitize data properly.

Mozilla issued a warning about the incident, saying that they were informed by a web developer that around June 23 a data sanitization flaw caused the disclosure of the sensitive information about the developers.

Full Article

SigBVIP.png original.png

Topics: 2,482
Kudos: 3,487
Blog Posts: 0

Re: Mozilla Warns of Accidental Leak of Developer Network Email Database

You would think Mozilla had all the security issues covered as good as they are!!!!

Community Leader

Re: Mozilla Warns of Accidental Leak of Developer Network Email Database

Antus67 wrote:
You would think Mozilla had all the security issues covered as good as they are!!!!

Well, this one was an internal security issue. It doesnt appear to involve a leak of personal information, but a possible leak of their "trade secrets".

My father used to say when I was a kid "the shoemakers kids dont have shoes"

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!