Three-Month Database of Customer Payment Info Leaked at ScoreSports.com

• 24 October 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Another breach which has been disclosed quite a while after the event, I am sure the customers/victims will not be happy about this.

Customers at the physical locations have not been impacted
By Ionut Ilascu on October 24th, 2014 "The American Soccer Company, owner of ScoreSports.com, announced that their systems have been compromised as a result of a data breach incident and credit and debit card data has been accessed without authorization.

The unfortunate event was detected by the company on October 21, and following an investigation, it was discovered that the intrusion occurred on September 4. However, it appears that the hackers were able to access card information collected from June 1 until September 4, from customers of  ScoreSports.com." Full Article

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Another long lasting breach, but it looks like the company discovered it over the last several days?  Very worrying that the breach went undetected that long, but not as bad as the massive delay in action that we have seen in some other situations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Another long lasting breach, but it looks like the company discovered it over the last several days?  Very worrying that the breach went undetected that long, but not as bad as the massive delay in action that we have seen in some other situations.

Here's a handy time-comparison chart I saw at Huff Post: Hackers Ran Loose Inside JPMorgan For 2 Months Before Getting Caught  And a more comprehensive chronology of breaches since 2005: https://www.privacyrights.org/data-breach

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That is an impressive (and scary) chart!
Userlevel 7
It sure is.  

I think that chart goes back to... 2005 I think it said?  It would be interesting to see the same type of chart but made only with the breaces that have been ID's since Janualry 1 of this year... to compare and get a general idea if at least corporate IT is moving in the right direction and on average catching the breaches faster.