Tim Cook: Apple Pay signup is 'fantastic'

• 28 October 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It is OK having all the credit cards signed up to use it, BUT if  is anything to go by some of the businesses will merely turn the feature.

By Sara Ashley O'Brien  @saraashleyo October 28, 2014

Consumers sure love their Apple products.

More than 1 million credit cards were activated to work with Apple Pay in the 72 hours following its debut, and the service is already the industry leader in contactless payments, Tim Cook said Monday during an interview at a Wall Street Journal tech conference in Laguna Beach, Calif.
"And we've got the whole rest of the world," the Apple CEO said. "We're only in the U.S. right now ... but the early ramp looks fantastic. It's sort of that 'ahh' moment. You use the phone and that's all you have to do."
Cook's optimism comes amid news that CVS and Rite Aid have both stopped accepting Apple Pay. One of the reasons? They want to keep collecting data on shoppers.

Full Article and Video.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
I love it...   Great signup rate, but already dwindling merchant acceptance.  I still do not see it, as some have said, bringing an end to the credit card LOL!

In CASH I trust 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well with cash you know where you stand and that is the basic fact of the matter.