US-CERT: IC3 Releases Alert on Microchip-Enabled Credit Cards

• 9 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
IC3 Releases Alert on Microchip-Enabled Credit Cards
Original release date: October 08, 2015

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) has issued an alert to consumers and merchants about the security risks involved with EMV Cards. An EMV card is a credit or debit card with a microchip that helps protect cardholder data. However, EMV cards may still be vulnerable to exploitation.

US-CERT encourages consumers and merchants to review the IC3 Alert for information on EMV card vulnerabilities and proactive defensive measures.

Source: https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/current-activity/2015/10/08/IC3-Releases-Alert-Microchip-Enabled-Credit-Cards

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Following the links from US CERT to the document, the link is broken.  Perhaps too many trying to access it.

Regardless, it does go to show that no matter how smart we try to be to beat the criminals, they are also smart, and quite creative.  Nothing is totally secure... nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
The links are working now for me David.
Userlevel 7
Ooops!  I'm getting an error too.  There is an update though which states: Note: The IC3 Alert is temporarily unavailable at this time. Please check back later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Ooops!  I'm getting an error too.  There is an update though which states: Note: The IC3 Alert is temporarily unavailable at this time. Please check back later.
This link I also posted in other thread, should work ok for you to get the alert.