US Justice League Warns of Chinese Cyberspy 'Security Emergency'

• 18 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By Jamie Condliffe on 18 Jan 2016

Stories of Chinese government organisations hacking American corporations are not new. But in a segment aired on news investigation programme 60 Minutes , US business leaders, government officials and security experts paint a picture of a particularly sophisticated attack on the intellectual property of “thousands” of companies.
John Carlin, the assistant attorney general for National Security, gave a surprisingly candid interview to 60 Minutes about the problems posed by Chinese economic espionage, including widespread hacking:
“This is a serious threat to our national security. I mean, our economy depends on the ability to innovate. And if there’s a dedicated nation state who’s using its intelligence apparatus to steal day in and day out what we’re trying to develop, that poses a serious threat to our country.”

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Our government needs to bear down and become more proactive on cyber security there is to much at stake.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I said it before and i say it again. You do not only have to attack the chinese cybercrime but also the political system behind it that does nothing against it and unofficially supports it. Google  PLA Unit 61398 and i guess that says enough.. PLA stands for People's Liberation Army which is the Chinese army. Guess that says enough. Their government supports this.