Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe

• 28 July 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Comment: Here are some tips to protect your privacy until patch is implemented.
=================================================================================================
By Jeremy KirkJuly 28, 2014 06:24 AM E

IDG News Service - Vulnerabilities in the Tails operating system could reveal your IP address, but you can avoid trouble by taking a couple of precautions.
Tails, a portable operating system that employs a host of privacy-focused components, plans to patch flaws contained in I2P, a networking tool developed by the Invisible Internet Project that provides greater anonymity when browsing. It's similar in concept to Tor.
On Saturday, I2P developers released several fixes for XSS (cross-site scripting) and remote execution flaws found by Exodus Intelligence, a vulnerability broker that irked some by announcing first on Twitter it knew of flaws but didn't immediately inform Tails.

ComputerWorld/ Full Read Here/ http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9249985/Until_the_Tails_privacy_tool_is_patched_here_s_how_to_stay_safe

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
July 28th, 2014, 22:04 GMT · By Ionut Ilascu

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news-700/I2P-Networking-Tool-Patched-Against-De-Anonymization.jpg - I2P communication routing

Following the announcement from vulnerability broker Exodus Intelligence about flawed components in Tails operating system enabling de-anonymization of a client, developers of the I2P networking tool have fixed the glitches on their end.

They also disabled some of the advanced configuration options, such as the installation of new plug-ins. The measure has been taken until an additional assessment of the tool is completed, in order to make sure that there are no loose ends that could compromise the identity of the user.

I2P provides a simple network layer for anonymous communication between applications. All traffic is encrypted end-to-end, relying on four layers of encryption upon sending a message. Full Article