light bulb

Did You Know?

Highlighted
Topics: 1,037
Kudos: 2,129

Vulnerable Texas Transportation Site 'TxTag' leaves 1.2 Million Credit Cards at Risk

MILLION CREDIT CARD ARE AT RISK

Security researcher, David Longenecker claimed a serious flaw at TxTag website that exposes the active Credit Card Details and Personal Information of 1.2 Million Drivers including active TxTags (vehicle stickers with microchips, which are scanned by electronic readers on toll roads), Names, phone numbers, full residence addresses, email addresses, along with their complete Credit card numbers and Expiration date.

According to David, the account names could be easily predictable by anyone, which is typically an 8-digit number that begins with the number 2 and protected by only a 4-digit PIN Number, that could be itself another easy x-factor to abuse.

SigBVIP.png original.png

Topics: 57
Kudos: 587
Ideas: 72

Re: Vulnerable Texas Transportation Site 'TxTag' leaves 1.2 Million Credit Cards at Risk

=(

----------------------------------------
Business Products Sr. Community Leader and Expert Advisor - WSA-Enterprise and WSAWSS administrator of 1700+ computers
First company to 1000+ WSA endpoints | Power User / Business Ambassador / WSA-C and WSA-E Beta tester
Community LeaderCommunity Leader
Find me on Twitter!

Community Guide

Re: Vulnerable Texas Transportation Site 'TxTag' leaves 1.2 Million Credit Cards at Risk

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm in this catagory...anyone that works in Dallas or Houston has to live by the toll roads and auto charge cards. Hopefully they will wake up and resolve this.

Rompin Raider
WSA Complete v8.0.8.88 / WSA Mobile (Android)

Community Guide

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yikes, I'm in that system!