Want a job in security? Lock down US military's supermarkets

• 9 April 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
BY: 8 Apr 2016 at 23:41, Shaun Nichols

The US Department of Defense is looking to form a security team to protect military commissaries from hackers.
NextGov has spotted a posting from the Federal Business Opportunities site for an "incident response service" at military commissary shops.
According to the job post [Word Doc], the response service contractors will be charged with handling cyberattacks targeting any of the 250 commissary stores the government operates on military bases around the world.
Despite being a federal government job, it appears the work will be largely similar to that of any retail IT security position. The commissaries function as on-base grocery stores for military personnel and their families and face many of the same dangers other retailers face.

full article here:

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Well, I suppose even supermarkets need their security and I would expect that US military supermarkets would be a prime target for not only 'normal' (and I use the term with extreme largess) hackers out to gain 'revenge' on the US but also every jihadist nut case who fancies themselves to be hackers, etc.