Webroot 13-minute incident: one perspective from a MSP manager

• 27 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Chris Johnson, director of compliance and security services at Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Wheelhouse IT, said his MSP business manages around 4,000 Webroot endpoints. He said around a dozen clients were impacted in a "serious" way.

"Yesterday was crazy," Johnson said. "It was definitely crazy."

Johnson said he felt Webroot did a good job quickly communicating, taking responsibility and remediating the issue. He said it could happen to any vendor in the security space.

"We were quite honestly impressed," Johnson said. "This is a vendor that genuinely cares about their partners and is quick to respond."

Full article

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks! And it's so very true and Webroot was very professional about the whole thing!

Great Job Webroot for fixing such a nasty issue quickly! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks @...Great article!:D
Userlevel 7
Great Professional Job getting the Fix. :D

Your still #1 in my book on Security and Professionalism.

Userlevel 3
I, too, am very favorably impressed with Webroot's handling of this issue. In fact, my confidence in Webroot is actually increased because of this incident.

His Madness
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Great article @

The key phrase is:
"Johnson said he felt Webroot did a good job quickly communicating, taking responsibility and remediating the issue. He said it could happen to any vendor in the security space."

Just what I have been saying, Webroot was quick. One thing we will never change are those who don't like a particular vendor, they make a mistake and immediately the doubters jump on the bandwagon but it can happen to any of them.
Userlevel 5
The true test of a vendor is how it handles a crisis like this.  It is going to happen to all of them eventually.  Jumping ship isn't the answer.  A person who jumps ship is going to run into issues with the next vendor he chooses as well.