hotmail and windowslive split?

My emails have been split some how?  I have an account to hotmail.com and an account to live.com.  My webroot now has 2 securities?  On my google browser with internet exployer, I have the web root in the web browser and I can long in that way.
My computer webroot doesn;t allow me to long in.  the email is live.com account and wheni go to ask for password it asks for a security question which has been changed?  SO I can't log in?
when i put in my hotmail.account I can log in and get my secuirty passwrod changed.

HELP  I need for my computer to BEHAVE and send emails to both accounts/ they should be the same?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi justoverit

Welcome to the Community Forums.

My apologies but I am a bit confused when you say..."On my google browser with internet exployer, "...which browser are we speaking about here IE or Goggle's Chrome browser.  And also, when you say "My computer webroot doesn;t allow me to long in."...where exactly on your computer are you trying to log in?  To the Password Manager or are you trying to log into the Web Console?

If you can precise this then we will certainly try to help you.

Regards

Baldrick
Thank you.  I sent a screen shot back to you of what I am seeing.
It's in ie google not crome broswer.  There's a bunch of emails
and passwords that are not mind?  I sent screen shot.

And my account with web root has 2 different security questions for 2 different registered emails?
hotmail.com and live.com which sould be the same email?

And my webroot that I have had for a year, now says 6 scans?  Really in a year it only scanned 6 times?  I scan daily?
Does that help, I am trying to be clear.
Thank you for repying.
Userlevel 7
Hi justoverit

No problem...that is one of the reasons we are here...to try to help fellow users...:D

OK, I think that I get the picture.  Can you go into your Account in the Web Console and check to see which computer are registered to it.   There should just be the machines that you use under your account.  Let us know if you see any unexpected or unknown machines registered.

If it is what I think it is, and I am not saying that it is, then I think that you will need to Submit a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can check out the settings for your account in the back office systems.

But first let us know what yo usee in the Web Console.

Regards

Baldrick

Hi,

That's the problem.  I can't into my web console?  I think I've been hacked.  I can only get into the web browser.  WhenI try and get into my web console my password doesn;t work and when I try and retrive the password, I can;t because my security question has been changed.
I did do a ticket but that could take until Monday. So I thought I'd check here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It`s best to contact support in this case as Baldrick said and be sure to have a good email address for them along with the old ones.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello there :) 

If you don't mind.. can I ask a quick question or two?  Where did you purchase the copy of Webroot?

Directly from Webroot?

From a retailer?

From Best Buy specifically?

From Ebay or Amazon?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi justoverit

Support do work 24/7 but of course due to the weekend they may not be as responsive/quick to get to you as they would be in the week.  If you have not heard anything by mid tomorrow I would suggest that you update your Support Ticket with a 'bump', and make sure that you follwo Daniel's good advice about the email addresses.

As long as WSA is behaving normally you should be protected normally, and then when they do contact you hopefully they should be able to sort you out relatively quickly.

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks to all for replys!
I bought from bestbuy, geek squad.
But the really werid thing is this BLACKOPS thingy poped up on my desktop as well?  Looks like a geeksquad ticket but I've never seen a ticket state blk ops?

And the other thing about my webroot is the days went away?  You know how you can sse when to renew?  it's gone?

Thanks, I will try and contact them again tommorrow with a bump like you suggest if not call on monday.

Webroot appears to be working , can manually scan, it removed nine (9) threats though?  that's alot in a short time.
Userlevel 7
Since you purchased from Best Buy/Geek Squad, ou may need to call them for assistance.

Do you have the original box still?  Please look on the back, lower left hand corner area.  If there is a Best Buy Serial Number beginning with WBR00  you MUST call Best Buy/Geek Squad for assistance with this issue.  Webroot Support cannot resolve any account or key code issues for copies that are Best Buy Subscription Software (All copies with a Best Buy Serial Number are Best Buy Subscription Software).

To contact Best Buy/Geek Squad 24/7, please click the link at the bottom of this website with the Geek Squad logo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good one David!

Daniel

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl
I started with geek squad first and they told me that I needed to call or do a ticket with webroot.
You suggest that's geek squad.  It does have WBR00  but that is the security code for webroot anywhere.
Thank you very much for your thoughts.  I don't think its an issue with geek squad I think it's a breach with webroot and
I just need access to my software and they hold the security key codes.  When the question and answer was changed is where I lost my ability to monitior on my end.
I think the thought process about what is happening on the back side will help me in this case.

Userlevel 7
@ This appears to be an issue that needs to be resolved by Geek Squads Escalations, as it might need a new key code.  Can you escalate this back over to them without the customer needing to call back themself?

Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks David - I'll get this issue escalated appropriately.
Thank you.  I have purcahsed a maintenance agreement with geek squad so that isn't an issue.
Just want control back.  Thank you
Userlevel 7
Hi @ 

Not to beat a dead horse, but since I also have my copy of Webroot from Geek Squad, as everyone has suggested, Geek Squad will need to resolve this IMHO.  I've dealt with their techs 2-3 times over the phone and via online chat and have full confidence that they'll be able to resolve this issue for you.

Of course, I contacted them for issues other than WRSA.  Me personally, I haven't had any problems with it :D

Let us know how it works out.