Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17728 Fast ring.

• 1 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
July 31, 2018 2:02 pm

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlancHello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17728 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Our second RS5 Bug Bash officially kicked off last Friday and runs through to August 5th, 2018. You know the drill – do all the quests!  Insiders in the Slow ring can also participate! AND we’ll be doing a Mixer webcast on Wednesday August 1st (tomorrow!) at 10am PDT.

What’s new in Build 17728

You love your phone. So does your PC.

Coming soon, we’re bringing the first set of features to Your Phone app for Windows Insiders with an Android device. Snap a pic on your Android, see it on your PC. You can finally stop emailing yourself photos. With Your Phone app, your Android’s most recent photos sync to your PC automatically. Need to add a photo to your presentation? Want to spruce up that selfie with some Windows Ink action? Just drag and drop.

And rolling out in the coming weeks, Android users might also start to notice a desktop pin taking you directly to Your Phone app – for quicker access to your phone’s content.
To light up this experience, open Your Phone app. You will receive an app from Microsoft which you must download to your mobile phone and follow the setup prompts. Android 7.0 and above are compatible with Your Phone app. For PCs tied to the China region, Your Phone app services will be enabled in the future.
For iPhone users, Your Phone app helps you to link your phone to your PC. Surf the web on your phone, then send the webpage instantly to your computer to pick up where you left off to continue what you’re doing–read, watch, or browse with all the benefits of a bigger screen. With a linked phone, continuing on your PC is one share away.
From Joe Belfiore’s blog post on Microsoft 365, check out what we’ve got in store for you in a future WIP release. We’re working hard to bring these experiences forward soon.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/07/31/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17728/#gyFx0egYGGqGYqDL.97

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Mucho Gracias Daniel! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Daniel, I have just got it installed.
Thanks, Daniel. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I got this installed last night and it was a slick install.  Thanks again Daniel for letting us know.. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I got this installed last night and it was a slick install.  Thanks again Daniel for letting us know.. ;)
It was a slick install last night compared to some I have had recently.
Sometimes I get caught in an odd loop, getting ready - download - install - getting ready - download - install again and last time it went through this an extra time before it installed properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I got this installed last night and it was a slick install.  Thanks again Daniel for letting us know.. ;)
Sometimes I get caught in an odd loop, getting ready - download - install - getting ready - download - install again and last time it went through this an extra time before it installed properly.
Yes Jeff isn't that the truth! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Yes Jeff isn't that the truth! ;)
It is all fun and part of the testing procedure 😉