Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18282 Fast Ring

• 14 November 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
November 14, 2018 10:02 am

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18282

By Brandon LeBlanc and Dona SarkarHello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18282 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
REMINDER: As is normal with builds early in the development cycle, builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If this makes you uncomfortable, you may want to consider switching to the Slow ring. Slow ring builds will continue to be higher quality.
If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).

What’s new in Build 18282

Windows Light Theme

Ever since we introduced the ability to choose between light and dark in Windows 10, we’ve heard feedback asking for a truer separation between the two options. When you select Light under Settings > Personalization > Colors, the expectation is that the system color would be lighter too. And it didn’t do that before – the taskbar and many other things stayed dark. Now, if you choose Light under Settings > Personalization > Colors, all system UI will now be light. This includes the taskbar, Start menu, Action Center, touch keyboard, and more.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/11/14/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18282/

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you for the heads up Daniel, I will head on over now and start on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Easy peasie Install! For a change...:D

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:

Funny that this new build expires in a Month as seen in your picture? I'm in the middle of updating both of my VM's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Funny that this new build expires in a Month as seen in your picture? I'm in the middle of updating both of my VM's.
Yes, I saw that..one more month only..
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Well we know that there will be more builds before that expiry date! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Well we know that there will be more builds before that expiry date! :D
No kidding! I updated Windows Preview  on my VM just last night and again updated today. So their might be 10 more before Dec 14th. LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Well we know that there will be more builds before that expiry date! :D
No kidding! I updated Windows Preview  on my VM just last night and again updated today. So their might be 10 more before Dec 14th. LOL
Roughly 2 per week and lately 1 per week!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I don't mind how many there are per week as long they install quickly and easy with none of the constant backtracking some of us have seen for a while.
The one I am doing tonight is now installing at 9% and I started it about 1 1/2 hours ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I don't mind how many there are per week as long they install quickly and easy with none of the constant backtracking some of us have seen for a while.
The one I am doing tonight is now installing at 9% and I started it about 1 1/2 hours ago.
Sorry to hear that Jeff! Sometimes these updates take me an hour. But the last two have been faster then usual.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
The 64bit one took just over an hour and the 32bit one is still installing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
This is my speed tonight and my wife is sat opposite me on her iPad complaining about the lack of speed.
1, it is always slow for her when I am sat between her and the router
2, I have been downloading this latest build
resulting in her not understanding why it is so slow, I do not feel like explaining to her again ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
And now the 32bit and both installed without issues!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Here we go, here we go, here we go!
Getting things ready again! It is quite often quicker through the process the second time around though.