Repeating Alert

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I keep getting a repeating message alert for the TOPIC - (Re: Am I being naïve?) over and over again. Great topic but is becoming an irritating alert. 

19 replies

Hi Lyle,
You can unsubscribe from any topic by clicking on 'Options' in the upper-right of any topic page.

That should stop the alerts.

Additionally, you can manage your notifications by going into your Settings, selecting the 'Subscriptions and Notifications' tab, then the 'Notification Settings' sub-tab.

Hope this helps, ;)

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have this at the top of my notifications and despite not being subscribed to it etc, it still remains.
I am wondering how many others have stuck there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have the notification moving now down the list.

I temporarily unchecked the "Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in" clicking Save and then checking the box again and saving.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thanx J_T_R..................................will give that a go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thanx BD!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Have you had any luck @
I'm really sorry about this. I'm the guilty guy 😳. I was constantly dissatisfied with both the clarity and the tone of my latest post in that thread. For me, it was an important post so it was really important to get it just right. I found that difficult. It became an obsession. OCD, I'm afraid.

I didnt realise subscribers were being alerted to every change I made (and there certainly were many!). So basically I became a real pain-in-the-neck to everyone. Sorry for that, guys 😞.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
No Problem Muddy7.............................!!
At the best of times I'm a perfectionist, but this... (well, I am glad I got the wording of a tricky post right, but I'm extremely embarrassed I was a pain in the neck to everyone else)
Userlevel 7
No problem Muddy7. We all have done the same one time or another on this forum, I know I have. LOL. Don't feel embarrassed, We all live and learn. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
No problem @.
BUT I do not think it was down to you, unless you were constantly editing every day several times and if you had we would have been alerted to the fact that you were editing. For some other reason I really think it had just got stuck there. As far as I can tell you posted it on Monday so the notification should have come in once at that point and that would have been the end of it so I really do think you are off the hook 😉
No worries, Muddy. I have done the same thing, and still do sometimes. It's like my eyeballs don't see my mistakes until after I hit the 'Post' button. :D

BD
@ wrote:
I do not think it was down to you

It sure was down to me!

I found that a bugg*r of a post to get right and that is why I made multiple, multiple edits over several days. I'm now happy that it expresses clearly what the issue is as I see it, regarding the possibility of a potential abuse of the user's control over his/her personal data, and that the tone expresses my frustration at the lack of clear answers to my questions but without going over the top.

But as I said in my previous posts, I didn't realise that editing affects the notifications. So if I understand correctly, when I edit a post, Lithium doesn't create a new notification for the post but updates the time of the original notification to the time of the latest edit thus placing the original notification back at the top. Is that correct? Or does it create a new notification for each fresh edit?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Yup..............and here you are again! :D
@ wrote:
Yup..............and here you are again! :D
Yes, but this time no edits.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Lithium doesn't create a new notification for the post but updates the time of the original notification to the time of the latest edit thus placing the original notification back at the top. Is that correct?
OK @ a quick question. Did you edit yesterday? If not then it was stuck for some reason.
I still don't blame you at all, we have all had that particular post which has taken a lot of editing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi all!

I am the queen of editing for 41/2 years..sad to say. My excuses are I reply from cell phone or iPad and it auto corrects what it thinks I'm typing other then that I'm a lozy typer or I think of something later... But I'm sure all of you know me by now that I'm an editor. LOLs

@ wrote:
I am the queen of editing
And I am the king :D

@ wrote:
Did you edit yesterday?
 As far as I remember, my editing of that post was a 2½ day wonder, lasting until maybe yesterday early afternoon (yes, I know: extraordinary...). And so yes, it was I who stuck it. So to speak 😉.

And thanks for your answer to my question as to how Lithium notifications work when you edit a post!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:

@ wrote:
I am the queen of editing
And I am the king :D

@ wrote:
Did you edit yesterday?
 As far as I remember, my editing of that post was a 2½ day wonder, lasting until maybe yesterday early afternoon (yes, I know: extraordinary...). And so yes, it was I who stuck it. So to speak 😉.

And thanks for your answer to my question as to how Lithium notifications work when you edit a post!
Well that explains it then LOL.
This is what had me wondering, no mention of an edit, just when you posted it and it says Monday.