3rd Party Removal Tools

Userlevel 7
Hello all!

I have compiled all a list of third party removal tools and manual uninstall instructions into a knowledge base article that can be found here.

11 replies

thanks
Userlevel 7
Hello @,

You are very welcome.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you ever require assistance.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also here is a larger list: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Software-Removal-Tools/td-p/27608

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
IF WE PURCHASE WEBROOT FOR THREE PC CAN WE USE IT TWICE ON SAME PC
Userlevel 7
Hi ranashakti62

You cannot install more than one instance of WSA on a PC unless you are running Virtual Machines (VMs) on that PC, in which case you would need a license per VM that you are wanting to install WSA in.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
TripleHelix I have to say your eye is very spooky. I don't dare shut the lights out when I'm on my laptop. lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
TripleHelix I have to say your eye is very spooky. I don't dare shut the lights out when I'm on my laptop. lol

I have to keep an eye on the Community! LOL

Daniel
I have NO idea where to even look for an answer or help bout the question I asked... How do I remove the necessary software and Canon printers from my HP Pavilion 20 All-in-OnePC without taking out some item I shouldn't, and into what USB Port should I install my new HP wide format printer/scanner when I make the attemp to install it?
 Mike F...
Userlevel 7
Hi MikeF

Welcome to the Community Forums.

In all cases of software removal/uninstallation I would always start with the Control Panel Applet (Uninstall a Program or Add/Remove Programs). You should find entries for each of the applications related to the devices mentioned, under that applet, and from there it is just a case of running the approved uninstaller, which as it is approved, should not remove anything that it should not.

If you find that these do not wotk then post back here.

As far as changing printers I would uninstall all the software for the current printer, using the method above, reboot and then run the installer for the new printer from the media supplied or downloaded from the web (where from should be included in the instruction that came with the printer).

As to which USB port to plug things into; that shluld not matter as long as you make sure that the printer is ALWAYS connected via the same USB port...for that reason I would go for one that is out of the way and so you can leave the printer plugged in.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Thanks for the welcome, Baldrich... I've done this before on my old systems, but I am an insecure op... older than the technology... And everytime I run into one of those be careful not to, or you are about to remove's... I panick! Feel free to email me if you have any other applicable ease of doing recommends.
Mike F.  
Userlevel 7
Hi MikeF

No worries...you are most welcome...I completely understand...I am no 'spring chicken' myself...;)

As long as you are methodical, i.e., uninstall the relevant apps using the uninstallers provided by HP & Canon you should be OK.

And in terms of installing the new printer the only reason to make sure that you stick to the same USB port is that if you do install it and then change USB por to connect it you will have to make sure that the relevant driver(s) are reinstalled as they are usually port specific.

But as I said, if you run into trouble post back here as we have some very knowledgable in this area.

Rrgards, Baldrick