Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241 for PC & Build 15230 for Mobile

• 13 July 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
July 13, 2017 10:01 am

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241 for PC & Build 15230 for Mobile

By Dona Sarkar / Software Engineer, Windows and Devices GroupHello Windows Insiders!
Today we are excited to release Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring! We are also releasing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15230 to Insiders in the Fast ring.

Upcoming Bug Bash

We’re really excited to do our 2nd (and final) Bug Bash for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update! The Bug Bash will start at 12am (Pacific Time) on Friday July 14th and will run a full week ending at 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) on Sunday July 23rd. This build will be our Bug Bash build. As usual, we will be publishing new quests so be sure to open Feedback Hub and complete as many quests as you can!
And we’ll also be doing Mixer webcasts at the following dates and times for the Bug Bash:
  • Tuesday July 18th: 1:30pm – 3:00pm (Pacific Time)
  • Friday July 21st: 10:00am – 11:30am (Pacific Time)

What’s New in Build 16241 For PC

Windows Shell Improvements:

Recover your pin and password from the lock screen:  Self Service solutions empower end users, unburden helpdesk/IT admins, and save organizations money. Cloud Self Service Password Reset (Cloud SSPR) has been a really popular Azure AD Premium (AADP) feature and now we want to take this great capability one step further – Windows Integration. If you’re using an AADP or MSA account and you find yourself stuck at the login screen, you can now reset your password and PIN straight from here. Just click the “Reset password” (for password) / ”I forgot my PIN” (for PIN) link and you’ll be prompted to go through the AAD or MSA flow to reset it. Once reset, you’ll be returned to the login screen where you can login with your newly minted credentials.
Refining Acrylic Material: We’ve heard your feedback, and in response in today’s build you’ll notice we’ve softened the noise layer of Acrylic Material. Below you’ll find a side by side comparison of how it was and how it is now. This will take effect in any XAML based UI and apps where Acrylic Material can be seen which targets Build 16241+.

Full Info

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Daniel, installing it now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Daniel. I am working on it now to update my Windows 10 Insider Preview!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I forgot to mention that I had to run the Windows Update troubleshooter to get this update. It's still installing!:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Mine is at 94% no problems so far.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
There does not appear to be any probs with mine YET but time will tell.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
There does not appear to be any probs with mine YET but time will tell.
I've got 50 GBs of space for my VM and the Windows update saids I need more space. I've done a clean up and hopefully I have enough space now. 
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the heads up on this, Daniel...as always it is good to get a preview of what is up & coming once the Insiders have gotten their hands on the release.

The Bug Bash is particularly welcome in my view.

Cheers, Baldrick