Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17120 for Fast Ring

• 13 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
March 13, 2018 10:05 am
By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlancHello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17120 (RS4) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
What’s new in Build 17120 Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) Improvements
The Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) Team has introduced new improvements for users to have a better experience with our upcoming release. We have combed through our user feedback and acted to ensure your needs are met. On top of significant performance improvements, we have added an ability to download documents highlighted below.
Performance improvements: The teams at Microsoft are constantly working to improve performance for our users. Windows Defender Application Guard is no different. In this upcoming feature update, you will notice an improvement in the launch time for Application Guard. We have made the start process lighter and faster, which will provide our users with a better experience when accessing Microsoft Edge in Windows Defender Application Guard.
Download files to the host: One of the items our users voiced was an inability to “download files from within WDAG” to the host. This created an inconsistent experience for Edge overall as downloaded files were stuck inside the container. In this release, users can turn on a feature to download files from their WDAG browsing session onto the host file system. This feature is available in the Windows 10 Enterprise edition and must be turned on. Once the feature is enabled, users will be able to download files into a folder created in their Downloads folder and open all files on the host.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/13/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17120-for-fast/#Ishd9m0JbeCdSemq.97

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Daniel, I am just downloading it now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@wrote:
Thank you Daniel, I am just downloading it now.
I will update my 2 VM's tomorrow as I have to go pick up my wife from the airport! Cya tomorrow!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Drive carefully Daniel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Daniel for the update! Much appreciated!:D