Apple has a secret team working on the holy grail for treating diabetes

• 13 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

Apple has a secret team working on the holy grail for treating diabetes

Apple has hired a small team of biomedical engineers to work at a nondescript office in Palo Alto, California, miles from corporate headquarters.

They are part of a super secret initiative, initially envisioned by the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, to develop sensors that can noninvasively and continuously monitor blood sugar levels to better treat diabetes, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Full Article

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great article PTD! I lost my Dad to diabetes...but this would certainly give more meaning to the Apple watch. Very impressive!:D This could help millions of people...
Userlevel 7
It could well...if they succeed...but and it is a BIG but...a very large number of very brainy people have already tried and failed...so I am wondering what makes Cupertino believe they will do it when many have tried in vain? :@
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It could well...if they succeed...but and it is a BIG but...a very large number of very brainy people have already tried and failed...so I am wondering what makes Cupertino believe they will do it when many have tried in vain? :@
Hopefully Steve Jobs passed on some good information before his passing. I believe if he were still alive we would be a lot closer for treatment (hopefully). Sorry to hear about your Dad passing from diabetes Sherry. Colleen has Type 2 diabetes (taking medicines) and I'm prediabetic (no medicines). Something else to add to our ailment list. 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you PTD...Sorry to hear that you and Colleen has more issues to deal with. But I'm guessing a good diet is important for both of you..right? 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hopefully with more advanced technology now with the right people the chances are that at some point a cure will be found, a great article PTD, thank you for posting it.