How mixed reality is changing the game for healthcare, from performing live surgeries to delivering

• 8 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
March 8, 2018 9:00 am 
How mixed reality is changing the game for healthcare, from performing live surgeries to delivering ultrasounds in 3D
By Lorraine Bardeen / General Manager, Mixed Reality Experiences2018 is already proving to be a transformative year for doctors and healthcare organizations through mixed reality

Last year around this time I had the chance to write a post about one of my favorite mixed reality uses cases – healthcare.
Since that time, we have continued to see remarkable momentum for mixed reality across numerous facets of the industry. This week at HIMSS our team had the privilege to once again be on the ground to see and experience how customers and partners are embracing mixed reality to transform the way they innovate, support, and help others.
Coming out of the show I wanted to take a moment to spotlight some of the innovation work we are seeing from organizations who are working to forge the future of healthcare.
CAE Healthcare
Joining us onsite at HIMSS this year was CAE Healthcare. CAE is an industry leader in the development of simulation-based technologies, curriculum, and resources that improve clinical performance. I talked about some of their earliest work with Microsoft HoloLens last year – well, they certainly haven’t slowed down!
CAE VimedixAR is the first ultrasound simulator to integrate HoloLens. Freed from the limits of a two-dimensional environment inside a monitor, healthcare professionals can display, enlarge, turn, and rotate realistic-looking anatomical parts, or command them to return into the manikin body. Users and those learning with this technology are able to witness (in real time) the ultrasound beam as it cuts through human anatomy.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/08/how-mixed-reality-is-changing-the-game-for-healthcare-from-performing-live-surgeries-to-delivering-ultrasounds-in-3d/#BK5vYYxMxkfjItjz.97

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Another great article! All I can say is this technology is so amazing and to be able to see this in our lifetime!! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Another great article! All I can say is this technology is so amazing and to be able to see this in our lifetime!! :)
I agree totally Sherry.
I have seen so many articles about mixed reality etc, I would love to be able to experience it myself.