Microsoft to Bundle Office With Windows Into New "Microsoft 365" Service

• 11 July 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
July 10th 2017  By Catalin Cimpanu

Today at the company's Inspire business conference, Microsoft announced a new service called "Microsoft 365" that bundles together three of its previous standalone services: Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security.

According to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, this new offering was created with businesses in mind and aims to reduce the overhead of having to buy and integrate an operating system with office and device management apps from different vendors.

The new Microsoft 365 service is Microsoft's biggest step towards offering the Windows OS as a monthly subscription service, moving away from one-time purchases.

Full Article.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Not aimed at me, since I am not in business.  I am a private user of Windows, and one not to require this "Microsoft 365" bundle approach to marketing.  I prefer to own, rather an ongoing subscription model for Windows.
Userlevel 7
Agreed...Office 365 is fine for me and does a good job proviidng what I need. Not sure why Buisness would want this offerring as we use Office 365 also there and that seems to be all that is required.