Microsoft will no longer release updates for Office 2013

• 20 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
March 18th 2017  By Ankit Chawla

The Microsoft team announced that they would no longer be releasing feature updates for Microsoft Office 2013. Apart from that, Office 2013 client applications and language packs will no longer be available from the Office 365 self-service portal and Admin Center, effective since February 28.

http://news.thewindowsclubco.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/office-2013-600x323.jpg

This decision comes as a normal announcement from the company as it plans to focus on its latest Office 2016. Office 2016 will work only with mail servers that are Microsoft Exchange Servers 2007 or later. This support limit applies to all subscriptions of Office 2013 – Office 365 Pro Plus, Small Business Premium, Business, Project Pro, and Visio Pro. All feature updates to these subscriptions will cease, but critical security updates will continue till April 10, 2018. Despite that, Microsoft advises on making the change to avoid any future incompatibilities.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Microsoft seem to have gone increasingly 'rightwing' in relation to the termination of support of older versions...perhaps they have finally cottoned on to the fact that this is sapping their longer terms revenues. 

I really hope that they do not lose sight of the fact that the lon term also depends heavily on customer goodwill.
Userlevel 7
Microsoft is too confusing to me. In fact I don't think they know what the hell they're doing.This report states MS will no longer release updates for Office 2013. I'm running MS Office 2007 on one of my computers and still getting updates for it. Just received updates this last Patch Tuesday. Hmm ?????
Userlevel 6
PT...I think they have commenced beaming their staff to the "Mother Ship"! IMHO...LOL.  RR