Time online

• 12 January 2017
  • 68 replies

Userlevel 7
I didn't know where this would be appropriate, but a mod can move this post, if they like...

But, this is mystery to me, that when logged in you can check how long you have been logged, it can show the number of minutes one is idle. But, for me I can never achieve this feat. 😉  How does one get to show up as being idle?  I have a screenshot  showing what I mean, but as per usual I can't get it to show, here.

68 replies

Userlevel 7
We have all seen this and it is a mystery to all on the forum. It will probably get fix in the late future since it is not a priority fix. 😉
Userlevel 7
It might be the browser that is used, and regional settings within. I am using Opera. It can't be the OS, because I have logged in from both my XP desktop, and Surface Book laptop.
Userlevel 7
I just checked my e-mail and saw this one from about 3 hours ago: "Great job! JP marked your answer to a question as an accepted solution!"  

Clue me in, because I don't understand! All I know, is that my solutions [made?] have increased 100%, i.e. to two solutions.   Still scratching my head...:S
Userlevel 7
I made a post in the 

Have I been censored?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I made a post in the 

Have I been censored?
I don't think so buddy. I've made a few posts to try to answer some questions members had and my posts disappeared also. Probably a Forum Bug again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I'm not sure exactly why, but it looks like a few posts were marked as spam. Regarding your question about kudoing @, I'm guessing that it might be an issue with your browser as everything appears to work fine with Chrome and Edge. If you are able to test with one of those browsers please let me know. 
Userlevel 7
I just found my topic on this again, and still I can't for the life of me understand why I can't be idle, like others.  I want my ' to be idle' rights!  ;)  This is seriously outrageous, really! ;)

Userlevel 7
I stopped pulling the hair on my head out a long time ago trying to figure this out. When I'm on only the PC I get idle time. When I'm on the Mac, I don't get idle time. Hey Tarnak, wait until you disappear and your still online signed in. 😃 That happens to me all the time with the Mac, and yes I am only signed in on one computer at a time.

Edit: I just looked, you have 3 minutes Idle time:

Userlevel 7
Maybe, I should become one of the disappeared!!!! LOL   ...or, is it the damned? ;)  - 

INN OF THE DAMNED Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWNwWyg_BE

P.S. @  I couldn't give kudos to your post, yet.  This is in Opera browser.  So, now I will access Webroot Community using my supplementary browser, i.e Vivaldi.  So kudos is forthcoming, soon, I promise!  :D
HI Tarnak,

I didn't think it was possible to ever see yourself as idle due to the simple fact that the act of checking your status renders you as active. Maybe I'm missing something here. I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I'm on my phone atm. Too hard for me to do much here in the community. I'll check on my PC in a bit. ;)

BD
Hey Tarnak.

Your kudos problem could be due to an ad blocker or other privacy plugin. Whitelist the community for it and you should be able to kudo again.
Userlevel 7
@ 

Misterioso!!!!!   But, you could have hit the nail on the head...I do use an ad blocker, i.e Ghostery. 
You could try just temporarily disabling Ghostety  and try kudoing to see if that's it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hey @,

I have been idle for what 28 minutes? Now that was true I was.....

Now I have disappeared from the Forum. I have been on the Forum ALL  day without signing out. So now I have to refresh my browser by signing out to sign in again.

Userlevel 7
"Re: Time online You could try just temporarily disabling Ghostety and try kudoing to see if that's it."My Surface Book, shutdown of it's own volition, i.e. battery ran out, but I didn't get a low battery warning, prior!!!! Now, I am posting from my old reliable standby, XP desktop.I just disabled Ghostery, but it didn't help. Still couldn't give kudos with Opera.
Userlevel 7
At the moment, I can't do anything....i.e. quote a post, and then reply to it, or edit any of my posts.Just have to wait for the battery in my Surface Book laptop to be fully recharged. Batteries in laptops don't last! Annoying!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
"Re: Time online You could try just temporarily disabling Ghostety and try kudoing to see if that's it." My Surface Book, shutdown of it's own volition, i.e. battery ran out, but I didn't get a low battery warning, prior!!!! Now, I am posting from my old reliable standby, XP desktop. I just disabled Ghostery, but it didn't help. Still couldn't give kudos with Opera.

Userlevel 7
This is funny...It is showing [currently] that I have been logged in for 120 minutes, and idle for 49 minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
At the moment, I can't do anything....i.e. quote a post, and then reply to it, or edit any of my posts. Just have to wait for the battery in my Surface Book laptop to be fully recharged. Batteries in laptops don't last! Annoying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
It's the way the Lithium Forum software works as I visit other Lithium sites and it looks the same to me.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ Maybe, that have bitten of more than they can chew. LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@wrote:
@Maybe, that have bitten of more than they can chew. LOL
So I should be MassiveBytes then? LOL Or even more Yottabyte's????
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Userlevel 7
I feel as if I am a straight-jacket! I can only make a post, but nothing else! 😞
@wrote:
Who is @? Are they taking after me BigBytes?
More to the point, who is BigBytes?  As if we hadn't worked it out.