Trying to clean up garbage

• 13 October 2015
  • 1 reply

What is the best way to get rid of what ever slows up pc.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi mario

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, now there is a question...and really from a point of where to begin. It really depends on what is the cause of the slowdown, over what period it has occurred & what is affected.

Over a long period then it may just be due to the usual detritus of daily use, i.e., too many temp files, programs previously installed that are no longer used but which may have 'hidden' services concusiming resource, etc., the list is endless.

Over a shorter period it could be due to, at worst malware & at best PUAs (Potentially Unwanted Applications) being present on your system...but do not get worried as this is far, far less likely, and I am sure that there would be other signs that you would pick up on anyway.

So perhaps the best place to start is with guimdamce from Microsoft re. this subject, that you can find here. If that does not help then you could move using one of the system 'cleaning' apps that are avaialble but here I would be careful as there are many out there and many that peddle 'snake oil'.  I can provide you with the names of a couple that are used quite safely by many memebers in the Community...if interested then please provate message me and I will be happy to oblige.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick