Win10 updates KB 3213986 and KB 3210721 have multi-monitor problems

• 12 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Other problems few and far between for the security-light 14393.693, 10586.753, and 10240.17236 patches

Reading between the lines, there was only one, minor security fix -- the KB 3214288/MS17-001 patch for Edge that cures an elevation of privilege problem when viewing a web page. Peanuts. The Security Bulletin system goes away next month, so starting in February it will likely be much more difficult to nail down security components of Win10 cumulative updates.

All three of the cumulative updates have this acknowledged "known issue":
Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor.

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Petr, IMO Edge is not ready for full time use anyways and they have quite a way to go before I would even consider using it.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Interesting observation, Daniel, as I find myself using Edge more frequently...still not up to the stalwarts on the browser world...but IMHO it is making nice progress and has the potential to be amongst the best, if not the best, some point soon.

But then I suppose it depends as to what one is looking for from and in a browser. ;)