Windows 7 (Not Windows 10) Wins 2016

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Microsoft has been pushing very hard (and sometimes very aggressive) for users to move to Windows 10 and 2016 was quite a controversial year in this regard, with many people saying that the company went a little too far in its attempt of boosting adoption of its latest operating system.

And while Microsoft itself also admitted that it was wrong to become so pushy on Windows 10 upgrades, statistics show that despite all of these, it’s still Windows 7 the desktop operating system that was number one last year.

Desktop OS market share in 2016

Full Article

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Staggering to see XP still in third place with nearly 10%! On that basis Win 7 will be with us for a very long time!
@ wrote:
Staggering to see XP still in third place with nearly 10%! On that basis Win 7 will be with us for a very long time!
I was also surprised by the number of users still using XP. I was one of the holdouts who decided to stay with WIN 7 on my main desktop. I have WIN 10 on my laptop and a couple of other desktops. I have to say that now that I've gotten used to WIN 10, I have grown to like it. I'm still debating whether I want to upgrade my WIN 7 desktop to WIN 10. As far as I know, there is still an option for upgrading for free. I find myself missing WIN10 when I'm using WIN 7, but not so much the other way around.

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
That's interestin BD. I'm still holding out on Win 7 on my one and only Windows machine and suspect that I will remain here for a while yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Webrooters! 

Its interesting to know what everyone is using.

May i say I have 2 Desktops upgraded to 10 from Windows 7 and a laptop with 10 and another laptop with 7. I do like Windows 10 a lot and haven't looked back. But it's always nice to have one with Windows 7. ;)

And of course my Mac OS....
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
Hi Webrooters! 

May i say I have 2 Desktops upgraded to 10 from Windows 7 and a laptop with 10 and another laptop with 7. I do like Windows 10 a lot and haven't looked back. But it's always nice to have one with Windows 7. ;)

Win 10 Enterprise x64
&  virtual machine: win 7 -8.1-10 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Webrooters! 

Win 10 Enterprise x64
&  virtual machine: win 7 -8.1-10 :D
Nice @.... Enterprise eh? I forgot VMs! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@ wrote:

Win 10 Enterprise x64
May I ask what virtual software you use Petrovic? I was thinking of using Virtualbox but haven't managed to amend the BIOS yet to allow it to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Win 10 Enterprise x64
May I ask what virtual software you use Petrovic? I was thinking of using Virtualbox but haven't managed to amend the BIOS yet to allow it to work.

VMware Workstation 12
Userlevel 7

:p:p Windows 10 :p:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@ wrote:
VMware Workstation 12
Thanks, I'll take a look and compare with VB.
Userlevel 1
Wait, what, ..there's a Windows 10?
?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
?

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
?

😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
?

:D
You are a funny guy @!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

:p:p Windows 10 :p:p
But not for very much longer...LOL...will be gone the way of the dinosaurs.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
?

I still have an old XP Desktop that has a floppy disc but that's way to many disc's to install. LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
?

I still have an old XP Desktop that has a floppy disc but that's way to many disc's to install. LOL
I still have a floppy disk in my Dell desktop running W 10.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
?

I don't to kill my old P1 2600MHz Dell 8200 to install Win 10 on it with only 1GB of RD RAM. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
?

I don't to kill my old P1 2600MHz Dell 8200 to install Win 10 on it with only 1GB of RD RAM. :D
I had XP on it and had to upgrade the Ram and video card to install W7.
I my opinion, Windows 10 is the best operating system since Windows 2000.!! I upgraded our laptops the first day it was available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:

5.25"?
or..........

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

5.25"?
or..........

Win 10...NO MEDIA CENTER. I like using it for dvr.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
Win 10...NO MEDIA CENTER. I like using it for dvr.
Use at your own risk.
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-media-center-in-windows-10/

i recommend daum potplayer
Does anyone have a fix to roll back to Win 7?  I have Win 10 but my Windows Photos, Calculator, Calendar and a few other things will not work.  It's really annoying to have to open Excel to do calculations, or to have to wait for Adobe to open so I can view photos.  Any help appreciated.
All the best
alycat