Yahoo to become Altaba; Marissa Mayer to leave the board

• 10 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
January 11, 2017  By Ankit Gupta

While the deal of $4.8 billion between Yahoo and Verizon Communications is still uncertain, Yahoo still has some plans for what remains post deal. Yahoo made an announcement yesterday that six executives would be leaving its board of directors. To add further to a part of the company which is not acquired by US telecom major Verizon would actually get a new name – Altaba!

http://news.thewindowsclubco.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/yahoo-hacked.jpg

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 3

With Verizon on command, Yahoo will have the audience and the budget. So let's hope they do something great, starting with making their mail service more secure. I hope they improve because i really like Yahoo.

Thanks for the info ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Words fail me on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayer will leave as what remains of Yahoo becomes Altaba holding company.

Sean Gallagher (US) - 13/3/2017

In filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission today, Yahoo laid out the severance packages for executives that will be leaving the company as it sheds its Internet business chrysalis and emerges as an Alibaba stock-holding company moth called Altaba. Marissa Mayer, Yahoo's chief executive officer, will receive a package of cash, stock, and benefits valued at a total of $23,011,325 at the completion of the deal, according to Yahoo's proxy statement. Of that, $3 million will be in cash.

Full Article
Userlevel 5
Yahoo has been poor quality for a while.  With Verizon aquiring it, hopefully glitches such as giving my mailboxes my husband's avatar will get fixed.  Yahoo mail is pretty glitchy on my phone.