Trivia Tuesday 5/15/18

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Trivia Tuesday

Hello and welcome to this week’s Trivia Tuesday. Each week we ask you a question, and you have a week to answer before the answer gets added to the thread. Don’t look up the answer! This is trivia for you, not Google. ;)

In the tech industry, what are people referring to when they use the acronym QA?

If you think you know the answer, go ahead and use the poll that pops up in the bottom right hand corner to give it a shot.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Am I missing something? Poll, Pop Up, Where do I find it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Try it again, should look like this:

@ wrote:
I'm with Dave. I don't see a popup or an arrow to activate it.

Userlevel 7
I don't see it either, using Safari, Firefox, Chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
I don't see it either, using Safari, Firefox, Chrome.
Try it now, had to rework how the poll finds the thread since there are various URLs that lead here. Let me know if that works, and sorry for not having this good to go! My mistake.
Userlevel 7
It worked now! I got the pop up. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
It worked now! I got the pop up. :D
Ok great! Sorry about that. :(
I managed to get the popup in Chrome, but not in Firefox, even with privacy/ad blockers disabled. Windows 10 Pro.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I managed to get the popup in Chrome, but not in Firefox, even with privacy/ad blockers disabled. Windows 10 Pro.
All browsers are showing popup (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on the Big Mac and (Chrome, Firefox) on Win 7.

EDIT:  Not working with Win 7 (IE Browser)
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Noted, I'll change it up for next week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
So what's the answer to QA as I don't see anything posted? 

Quality Assurance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:

Quality Assurance.
I was going to post the answer after a week for those that have yet to answer, I'll also post the (anonymous) results if people would like to see what was the most picked.
It may just be my particular settings in Firefox as I don't use the default settings. I have both options under 'Tracking Protection' set to 'Always' and I don't accept third-party cookies. Perhaps that has something to do with it? Also, Voodoo shield flagged an unsigned installer around that same time that I blocked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
It may just be my particular settings in Firefox as I don't use the default settings. I have both options under 'Tracking Protection' set to 'Always' and I don't accept third-party cookies. Perhaps that has something to do with it? Also, Voodoo shield flagged an unsigned installer around that same time that I blocked.

Interesting, yeah that could be it. There is another way for us to use a poll that actually embeds into the Community instead of an overlay. I'll test it privately and use it for next week if it's better. I appreciate all the feedback on this! Would hate to have a poll go up with only a handful of people having access.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Quality Assurance.
I was going to post the answer after a week for those that have yet to answer, I'll also post the (anonymous) results if people would like to see what was the most picked.
I see now after I disable my Ad Blocker uBlock Origin!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Quality Assurance.

Good to know this version of the poll is not ad-block friendly, noted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:

Nothing Blocked from VS here using Firefox?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Quality Assurance.

Yea your going to have to try some test versions and we can debug for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Quality Assurance.

Yea your going to have to try some test versions and we can debug for you.
Ok sounds good! I'll let you folks know once I have something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Good job, everyone!