Tuesday Trivia 10/16/18

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Tuesday Trivia 

Hello and welcome to this week’s Tuesday Trivia. Each week we ask you a question, and you have a week to answer before the answer gets added to the thread. Don’t look up the answer! This is trivia for you, not Google. ;)

What's the name of first (electronic, general purpose) computer?
If you think you know the answer, go ahead and use the button below to give it a go.

Take the Poll 

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Good Trivia question Lara. My guess on the answer was wrong this time around. :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Good Trivia question Lara. My guess on the answer was wrong this time around. :S
This one is kinda tricky even to set up, because there are so many particular variables than can change the answer. Needless to say I learned a fair amount about early computers this morning!
That was a tough one. I didn't know so I guessed. I was wrong. :$

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I just had to take a guess and of course I got it totally wrong. That was a good one Lara.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
I just had to take a guess and of course I got it totally wrong. That was a good one Lara.
I'll make next week's easier.....maybe. I was going to do something about Turing but I remembered you're a big fan of his and would probably know the answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I'll make next week's easier.....maybe. I was going to do something about Turing but I remembered you're a big fan of his and would probably know the answer.
I do not know all that much about him really but just look on him as a person who is slowly getting forgotten about despite what he did for modern computers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I do not know all that much about him really but just look on him as a person who is slowly getting forgotten about despite what he did for modern computers.
That's true, which is sad cause he was such a major part of tech history, and history in general really.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
No! No! Don't make it easier. If anything make it harder. I'm learning something new here at Trivia evey week even if I guess get the wrong answer. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
No! No! Don't make it easier. If anything make it harder. I'm learning something new here at Trivia evey week even if I guess get the wrong answer. :D
Challenge accepted ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Tuff one Lara, I got it right..NOT! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Tuff one Lara, I got it right..NOT! ;)
:P
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I prefer easier questions because ..oh it doesn't matter to me as long as I'm learning. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I prefer easier questions because ..oh it doesn't matter to me as long as I'm learning. :D
I'll add some easier ones here and there, no problem!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Well I knew the Answer for that one as I did some research many years ago! 😃 But it is a tough one if you don't know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
yeah I got it right!!!!  Hi @, @, @, @, @, @ and anyone else I forgot.  Hope you guys/gals are doing well.  Lara great job in setting up the trivia program; looks great.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
yeah I got it right!!!!  Hi @, @, @, @, @, @ and anyone else I forgot.  Hope you guys/gals are doing well.  Lara great job in setting up the trivia program; looks great.
Hi Julie! Hope you're doing well, and thank you!
Hi Julie,
Nice to see you around. Too bad neither of.our teams fared too well this post-season. :(  Oh well, maybe next year. ;)

Have a good day. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Correct Answer: ENIAC