Webroot iRacer Race Car

• 20 February 2013
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 7
So, if you were wondering what a Webroot sponsored race car might look like, I threw together quick rendering on iRacing. It is hard to read from this angle, but the text on the decklid reads "The Fastest Security on Earth."

33 replies

Userlevel 7
That is so cool!
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I love this! This look so cool; thanks for creating it!
Userlevel 6
Corey, don't forget the Webroot stickers, strategically placed!  😃
Userlevel 1
Wow, very cool - Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Looks sweet!!! Thanks cohbraz. ❤️
Userlevel 7
I am really glad everyone likes it!

In case anyone is wondering what the blue coloring is for, that represents the license level of the driver. Blue means Class A driver. The only level higher, Pro, is black.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Corey that's really cool.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Those look GREAT!
Userlevel 7
More to come. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the official schemes finished for the Sprint Cup and Nationwide cars completed.
Userlevel 7
My old computer probably cannot handle running the sim, but hopefully I will be able to get a decent upgrade before long... I would love to try it out!
Userlevel 7
Well done Corey!
Userlevel 7
Here is the NASCAR Nationwide car, run weekly...

And this is a special car for the iRacing Daytona 500 that will be run Saturday:

The brand-new Chevy SS:

Which paint sceme do you like the best?

[Edit: added Chevy SS car.]
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
These are awesome! 
Userlevel 6
Things at Webroot seem to take forever to implement.  Some really solid ideas in the Ideas Exchange seem to languish and take a long time to process.  But this iRacer concept was implemented and approved in a flash.  Less than one day and it’s already a reality.  :S

Is there a lesson to be learned here? ;)
Userlevel 7
You are right. This idea was implemented FAST!

See there? I made a reference to being fast. We are talking about racing. How about that?
Userlevel 7
Hey Corey,

Great job! Now all you have to do is Webroot-ize one of these bad boys:

(Source: Wikipedia)
Userlevel 6

Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of New Words for 2013:  brain cramp, bucket list, sexting, e-reader, Webroot-ize. :S

According to Merriam-Webster:

Webrootize.  Web-root-ize.  Verb.  The transformation of a sluggish, cumbersome object into a slick speedster with a low profile.
Userlevel 7
Gimme a few days! 😉
Userlevel 7
Corey, be careful when racing 😉. Today's crash in Daytona was horrible and terrifying :S
Userlevel 7
Yes it was. That was a horrible crash. I am very glad that all of the fans are going to be alright.
Userlevel 3
Being an NHRA fan, I would love to see what you could come up with for a Funny Car.

If you can turn left and stay in control, you aren't driving fast enough! 😉
Userlevel 4
That's a nice looking car!
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Being an NHRA fan, I would love to see what you could come up with for a Funny Car.

Or a top fuel dragster!  ;)

Move over, John Force!  😃
Userlevel 7
As a Webroot employee I have been trying to get some stickers for when I race myself. I had some Webroot T-shirts and umbrella`s. Must dig out the photos.Here is the only one I have to hand at the moment!

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
As a Webroot employee ...
I wonder why you don't have the green W in front of your nickname if you belongs to Webroot :D