AGENT UPDATES IN PC BUILD 9.0.0.64 - July 7th 2015

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsab_endpoint_logo_v2.png

To be compatible with the release of Windows 10, we are releasing our SecureAnywhere 9.0 version. Should you be considering upgrading to Windows 10, we would strongly recommend updating your SecureAnywhere version to our 9.0 release if you do not have automatic updating in place. This will ensure that when Windows 10 is released on July 29th, your security will be compatible with the upgrade.

Implemented
  • Correct OS version reporting for Windows versions 8.1 and above.
  • Windows 10 compatibility.

Improved
  • Path normalization for Internet Explorer cache paths.
  • Further scan engine improvements.
  • Aligned agent states.
Fixed
  • Bug fixes.

9 replies

Badge +4
My Agents are not auto updating , i have checked to see that the "automatically download and apply updates" is set to "ON" and have put the suggested sites in my router. When i go to a station and hit "refresh configuration" i get a "Secureanywhere could not be updated at this time" message
Current version 8.0.8.88
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's a rolling update, so your machines might not have gotten the upgrade yet.  You can always force a reinstall if you really want it, but the main reason to get it is for Windows 10 so you've got a couple weeks.
Badge +4
I am still not receiving updates, should i be worried yet ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You've got auto-update on in the policy? If so, you can always just redeploy the latest version over the top of the current one, if you're worried about being ready for Windows 10.
Badge +4
Not worried about Windows ten, this is first update since our fairly recent switch to webroot. My concern is with the autoupdate process. Trying to establish current and  future expectations of the product.
I am not real excited of the idea we would have to redploy each time an update is released, though i do say the deployment is an easy task
Should i expect a rollout to take several weeks or is there a configuration issue on my end ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I know this was a staggered rollout, but I'm not sure over just what range of time we spread it out.  Let me check with someone here and see if I can find out more info.
Badge +4
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So I found out that the newer update, 9.0.1.35, should be pushed out today. If you don't see that one on your agents tomorrow then I'd suggest checking the auto-update in the policy, and if that's set to auto-update, then contact support and they'll troubleshoot to find out why yours isn't updating.
Badge +4
Thanks Nic