Android Beta Feedback - Spring 2017

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
We excited to announce that we will be launching an upcoming Android Beta program in the very near future. 

This thread is where we'll be capturing all of your feedback, comments, and suggestions. 

Stay tuned for a more info. 

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Scroll down or click here to jump to the latest Android Beta news 

143 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Interesting! Will it be through the Google Play Store or links provided here?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
It will be made available through Google Play to those who sign up. We'll provide info on how to sign up soon!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Looking forward to the beta ❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hello Android Beta Testers!

We are releasing a brand new Android early access build and would love it if you could take part.

To join this Android beta

All you need to do is email Webrootmobilebetatest@webroot.com with your Google Play account email address and we’ll take it from there.

What we're looking for

We're testing improvements to threat detection. At first, we’ll be testing a new system of scanning, and later on we will add enhancements to improve scan results and app blocking.

The beta test will not send up any personal information.  We are only looking at how our app performs on a variety of devices.

As a beta tester, you are helping make our Malware protection safer for our millions of users. We do not take your hard work for granted so, we want to offer our special beta group (you!) a free mobile upgrade from your current app to the early access preview build. If you have any friends that want to sign up, feel free to invite them too!

Requirements

Android 4.4 or higher

Thank You!

Thanks for being willing to help out with testing. We appreciate the help - know that your efforts go towards keeping millions of people protected from malware.

Email us here to get started: Webrootmobilebetatest@webroot.com

Done. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ THAT'S GREAT! Thanks!
Sent my "@gmail" e-address so you can add me to the test.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@Message sent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
All set up for Android Beta 🙂 Webroot is installed and running! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@, My email needs to be changed..edited: I got it straightened out... :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Just updated to Beta 4.1.1.8039

I am using Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete and have noticed there is no Backup & Sync icon after this update, is it by design for the beta (previously have three icons - Webroot SecureAnywhere, Webroot Browser, Backup & Sync)? 
@ wrote:
Just updated to Beta 4.1.1.8039

I am using Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete and have noticed there is no Backup & Sync icon after this update, is it by design for the beta (previously have three icons - Webroot SecureAnywhere, Webroot Browser, Backup & Sync)? 
Hi all,

Just updated, too. No problems. Backup & Sync shows fine.

@, I would install the free version first. It will then update to Complete (Beta).

HTH,

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi smith2006,

It looks like Webroot Android Beta has removed the icon to Backup & Sync. i am running Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete as well. But my version so far is 4.0.5.8560..... Did Webroot just update your version on your mobile device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ mine hasn't updated yet. :(

I uninstalled Webroot Complete Mobile on my Samsung Galaxy and then reinstalled the SeureAnywhere Free version. Within minutes it updated back to Complete and now shows the Beta header (see pic). It may just depend on when it will update. Maybe based on location or something like that. ;)

BD
It looks like yours updated, Sherry. I think smith2006 may have a typo. My version is the same as yours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I uninstalled Webroot Complete Mobile on my Samsung Galaxy and then reinstalled the SeureAnywhere Free version. Within minutes it updated back to Complete and now shows the Beta header (see pic). It may just depend on when it will update. Maybe based on location or something like that. ;)

BD
Yes BD I did the same thing to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the Webroot Free version and mine was updated to Complete as well. So it must be a time change or something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@Thanks for the reply

This is the icon I am referring to (see the first image)

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Backup-amp-Sync-for-Android-User-Guide/ta-p/174515
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
It looks like yours updated, Sherry. I think smith2006 may have a typo. My version is the same as yours.
Oh great but I don't have the Additional Features that you show in your last picture. What'a up with that? Nevermind @ I must of already activated those Additional Feautures. LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@@No typo :catsad:

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@@No typo :catsad:

Thanks @.. I think I read when installing the Beta give it a couple of hours to update..

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@I am the first few guinea pigs :cathappy:
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@I am the first few guinea pigs :cathappy:
It certainly looks that way @:D
HI smith2006,

Thanks for the pic. Now I know what you're talking about. But I honestly haven't ever seen that icon on my phone. I just get to B&S through the app itself. I wonder if the pics in the link are old?

Have you seen that Backup & Sync icon, Sherry?

And yes, I just hadn't activated those features yet since it was a clean install. It's gone now, too. ;)

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
HI smith2006,

Thanks for the pic. Now I know what you're talking about. But I honestly haven't ever seen that icon on my phone. I just get to B&S through the app itself. I wonder if the pics in the link are old?

Have you seen that Backup & Sync icon, Sherry?

And yes, I just hadn't activated those features yet since it was a clean install. It's gone now, too. ;)

BD
Yes those pictures are old and I haven't seen the Backup & Sync icons for awhile now that I think of it.  I do wish we had it back though.