Solved

Does block sms and calls work and Oreo 8.0?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello,

I have a Zenfone ZE520kl with the last version of Secure Antivirus free installed on it.

Till a few days ago I had Nougat 7.0 on it and the SMS and calls block function worked like a charm.

Then I updated it on Oreo (version 8.0).

Last day I received an SMS from a blocked number.
The antivirus alerted me that an unwanted SMS was sent to me from a blocked sender but the SMS was there, together with the other not-blocked ones.
In the past I only received the warning from Webroot , the SMS was not delivered to me.

While it can seem a "no biggie" for SMS (also if it should need to be brought back to the old behaviour)  I'm wondering about the calls.......

what if a blocked sender calls me? If the calls block doesn't work in the same way the SMS one, that can be a problem.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by SophiaC 2 July 2018, 19:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. You did say you are running the latest Webroot Mobile Security?

I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket and they can advise and fix this issue for you.

Also I will ping our Mobile Android expert @ and see if she is able to assist. Sophia is usually online Monday at business hours.

In the meantime you coud try an uninstall/reinstall of Webroot and see if that corrects this SMS Blocking for you?

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I'm using the last version of the free edition.

I'll try the unistall/reinstall thing and let you know.

Best wishes
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi aieie,

You're most welcome! 

Let us know how it goes then ... 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @

Some versions of Android (particularly newer OS versions) do not allow 3rd party apps like ours to remove SMS messages after they are received. That would explain the change in behavior after the OS update.

We have not seen any similar limitation with call blocking, which sounds like your main concern.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi @

Some versions of Android (particularly newer OS versions) do not allow 3rd party apps like ours to remove SMS messages after they are received. That would explain the change in behavior after the OS update.

We have not seen any similar limitation with call blocking, which sounds like your main concern.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
Thank you Sophia! I saw the KB article about this issue but it was 3 years old so I didn't know if things had changed since then. 😉
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Thanks a lot to you both.

If phone calls block works it's fine for me :D

Best Wishes