Lock Screen

• 23 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Just wondering if there might be a more "secure" way of notifying me that I may be at risk because my lock screen setting is unsafe than putting a giant banner on my lock screen saying that the setting is in an unsafe state?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jamesschill,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I don't believe there is another way for Webroot to display the unsafe screen on your mobile device.You can put a suggestion/idea  here at the Feature Request and then everyone who likes your idea can kudo it and the more kudos it gets will raise attention to the Webroot Developers.

Here is the Webroot Android/Mobile User Guide if you need it.:D

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi James, and welcome to the Community! Just curious as to why you would'nt have the lock screen enabled?
That's a good point.  I like being able to access my phone quickly.  I use it quite a bit and have found lock screen codes and combinations a pain.  Strictly convenience.  Now, I realize that's not the safest or most secure approach to that piece of technology.  But, I don't need to have that advertised on my lock screen either.  It is something that came about with a recent Webroot update.  It never put that noticification up before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jamesschill,

You can go into Apps/Settings/Lock Screen/Select screen pin/ then Enter current Pin/  And then Select none from the next box and that should disable the screen lock. It might be different Settings for your phone.

Then open up WSA and there is a warning to Fix This Now/click it and then click lower box... Ignore(Don't ask again)

Is this what you are talking about?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
You can change the setting in Webroot App under "Device Protection" and turn OFF locating, locking & wiping!