The mystery of abracadabra

• 9 July 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

Completely new member of the forum here with a question for the ages. What is abracadabra!?

To elaborate a bit, I went into App Inspector and then Network Monitor in which I found a process towards the end of the list called "abracadabra". It has 2 processes open which use the UDP protocol and uses a remote port called 0.0.0.0:123. 

I tried searching on google with no luck which I found kind of odd, and there is seemingly no mention of it on this forum either.

So my question to you is: what is abracadabra? And why doesn't it end in alakazam?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi wanderer101

Weclome to the Community Forums.

Well, I searched using "Abracadabra Android" as the search string and came up with a whole lot on this, so I suggest that you do the same as a start point.

Looks like theya re a games maker that sel/distribute via the Google Play Store, so I am guessing that you have some how managed to download one or more of their apps, or perhaps it was bundled with another app that you did actually download, etc.

Eitherway I would check out the Play Store to see if you can find the relevant app and then look to uninstall it if you do not want it, etc.

Finally, if you have trouble doing that and/or are concerned as to what may have gotten onto your system then I would Open a Support Ticket, to let the Support Team know of this/investigate the whole things, etc.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well this is very interesting and it's best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will let you know!

This is what I found:

Abracadabra.exe

Phone Flashing Solutions

Magical Phones, LLC

File name:Abracadabra.exePublisher:Magical Phones, LLC  (signed and verified)Product:Phone Flashing SolutionsVersion:2.0.0.0MD5:286c2ae755ffdae1f7bb3b7441be917aSHA-1:fd78c76d24f450e5de17a32b74fb60d7c32378b7SHA-256:e56e5874418adf258a13186203aaf0ccad2ca4c005239d767ade83dd75075f57 This version is detected but support will let you know. 

Thanks for the replies.

The weird thing is that it is running even after doing a factory reset. Anyway, I'll try to open a support ticket and see if we can get to the bottom of it.
Badge +8
@ wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

The weird thing is that it is running even after doing a factory reset. Anyway, I'll try to open a support ticket and see if we can get to the bottom of it.
Hello wanderer101,

It is of the utmost importance that you do open a support ticket as this executable file appears to have a life of its own and I would want it removed from my device ASAP.

Please do so and keep us posted. Many thanks,
Theresa