Webroot wants to remove my mobile apps - What Gives?

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1376 replies
In case you didn't already know, we offer protection for all of your Android™ devices completely free of charge!
Some of the best highlights you can get out of your device with our mobile protection are:

• Secure web browsing protects your identity and personal information
  • Our Android™ antivirus blocks mobile threats before they infect your phone
  • Locate, scream, lock or wipe your phone or tablet if it's lost or stolen
  • Call & SMS blocking makes it easy to prevent any unwanted communication
Every now and then, an app will be mismarked as bad when in reality it's completely harmless. This will cause the Webroot app on your mobile device to detect it as a threat. If this happens to you, you'll see something like this:

In the above image, you can clearly see "vzw" at the end of the title, which is the shorthand abbreviation for Verizon Wireless. This lets us know that the app in question more than likely came pre-loaded on the Device.

If you've already used our mobile protection, you're probably already familiar with the above screen if anything suspicious has been detected. Since it is always very difficult to discern what apps are safe and which are harmful, we always ask that you submit a support ticket to our Team. They'll be happy to review the information and classify it properly.
(This doesn't just apply to Mobile, if a program you use on your PC is being detected as a Threat please submit a ticket!)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Thank you for the Information JP, Bookmarked! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks JP.. I am not getting this False Positive/Threat on my Android ....
Userlevel 2
Badge +15
"In case you didn't already know, we offer protection for all of your Android™ devicescompletely free of charge!"

What? I've been paying for mobile protection. Are the devices on the free mobile protection accessible through my GSM, or is that what I am paying for?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
"In case you didn't already know, we offer protection for all of your Android™ devicescompletely free of charge!"

What? I've been paying for mobile protection. Are the devices on the free mobile protection accessible through my GSM, or is that what I am paying for?
That's a good question. I suppose hypothetically you could input the keycode from each Device into your GSM, but that would be a very manual way of keeping things organized concisely.