cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why device is "Not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing."?

Highlighted

Why device is "Not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing."?

Hey there everyone,

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't seem to make sense of the other answers so I'm just going to post because for the life of me the steps on the older post make zero sense to me so someone please help! I have a Galaxy S8 and installed the mobile security app for Webroot but I'm getting this, shown in the picture, when I have a code that has been entered and activated. So my question is why is my phone not compatible?Screenshot_20180201-175121.png

5 REPLIES
Silver VIP

Re: Why device is "Not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing."?

Hello TwEak, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. Smiley Happy

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Dave

Silver VIP

Late 2015 5K 27" Mac, 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, macOS High Sierra, 10.13.4  

iMac Clone & Backup with SuperDuper / Time Machine / iCloud 

Windows 7 X 64, 3.4GHz i7, 10GB RAM, 1TB HD

I'm having the exact problem on my Samsung galaxy s8+. Please post a solution asap! Thank you. DJ

Hi,

There was some difficulty providing secure browsing on your device through our Mobile Security app.  We are researching solutions, so hopefully this is just temporary.

In the meantime, we can still offer secure browsing on your device using our SecureWeb Browser app.  It's available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.secureweb

Kind regards,

My phone has the same issue. This is a recent change/problem. I also have the Webroot Secure Browsing app loaded that works, but not sure why this feature is not working on the Mobile Security app.  I have the most recent version of the Webroot mobile app loaded 5.0.0.10759. I have a Verizon/Motorola Z Play Droid Android Version 7.1.1. I'm interested in any information on the fix you can provide when available.  Thank you.

HI Sophia,

Any updates for a solution for this? If not, where is it on the list of fixes?

It is intresting that android editions of ESET and Emsisoft do not has such issues...

Thanks,

DJ