cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gold VIP

Re: Why device is "Not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing."?

@Kev914 wrote:

Hi Ssherjj

Thanks for the reply.

Yes to you first link. When I click on it, it takes me to a page in the play store. I see some red text that says that this product isn't compatible with my device ( a samsung tablet.) And there is no install button (presumably because they say it isn't compatible.)

And yes to your second link. I have that one installed, but it said when I updated that it might not be optimized for my device. but it let me install it anyway.

So those were both the links that my device was taking me to.

Hi Kev914,

Sorry that I wasn't able to help out much. At this point would you mind Submitting a Support Ticket and they can see what is going on? I have a Samsung Note 8 and I am not having this issue. But you are using a Samsung Tablet and I have heard of this incompatibility before.

Sherry

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:14) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds

Just bot new Samsung tab S4 and installed Webroot, but secure web will not install either from the program or from Play Store. Play Store says not compatible with my Samsung S4 Android tablet. Why can't I install Secure Web on this, the latest tablet?

By the way, I am not a new member as indicated on my post just filed, I am a long-time subscriber and rather perturbed that play store is not allowing me to install this auxiliary program.  please advise.

Bronze VIP

@htstanley wrote:

Just bot new Samsung tab S4 and installed Webroot, but secure web will not install either from the program or from Play Store. Play Store says not compatible with my Samsung S4 Android tablet. Why can't I install Secure Web on this, the latest tablet?

Does your device meet the minimum requirements? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.secureweb&hl=en

Requires Android
4.4 and up

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.

Community Guide

I contacted support about this and they said that they were aware that the software was incompatible with a small number of devices. They said they were looking into a fix but didn't know when it would be available. They did say that the main application does work, so I think they were saying that I'm still protected even though the second application can 't be installed.

I hope I have paraphrased them correctly.

Highlighted

Thank you Kev..appreciate your checking on this for me.

Interesting what Support said since I'm just upgrading Samsung tablets from S2 to S4...same setup & operating system.  (Strange)

Thanks again for checking.