Added secure anywhere to my Samsung smartphone. Why doesn't it show as protected?

• 8 December 2014
  • 7 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 4 replies
Hi friends. My first call for help from a new member.

I have added Secure Anywhere to my Samsung smartphone. On the device it shows: "You are protected,"  "No issues detected,"  "App configured for optimum security" and "Secure anywhere mobile complete."

However when I log in to my account on my pcs. (two, one running W7, one running Vista), there is no mobile device shown covered. Also no Webroot app is shown on the Samsung.

My questions are : is my mobile actually covered. and have I made an error in loading the software. 

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.
Arn. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi friends. My first call for help from a new member.

I have added Secure Anywhere to my Samsung smartphone. On the device it shows: "You are protected,"  "No issues detected,"  "App configured for optimum security" and "Secure anywhere mobile complete."

However when I log in to my account on my pcs. (two, one running W7, one running Vista), there is no mobile device shown covered. Also no Webroot app is shown on the Samsung.

My questions are : is my mobile actually covered. and have I made an error in loading the software. 

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.
Arn. 
Hello Am,

Welcome to the Community!

You say you have Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete which would be for 5 devices. I'm alittle confused and I apoligize for this so can you Please log into yourhttps://community.webroot.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/android/message-id/| Account Console |

Go to Mobile/Click Add device.

Now if you need to install WSAC please go here to the Knowledge Base and follow those instructions to install WSA on your Samsung smartphone.

Again if I didn't answer or understand the issue please post back Either way and let us know how things are going!

Best Regards, Thanks

Thank you for the reply Sherry. Will do and keep you posted.
Arn.
Hello again Sherry.
Sorry for the delay in coming back.  

I 've been trying to install Security on the Samsung again but still cannot see that it is installed. Using the approach you outlined to load the app via the pc I was requested to sign in to Google which I did. All seemed to go well and I was given the message that  the app would be installed on my device "soon." I was immediatley given a screen which indicated the word "INSTALLED" on a green backround with a message below which said "Installed - loading device compatability" accompanied by a circling arrow presumably indicating something loading. This continued for a considerable time but nothing else happened. Now, although when I check back I am still informed that the system is loaded there is still no indication when I sign in to my console that I have mobile device covered nor is there an app on the mobile device. The result of this is that I still cannot tell if my device is protected.

i am sure that I must have done something incorrectly originally and wonder if there is any way to delete my previous efforts and start the process again from the beginning. I am sorry to take up your time but thanks for the help.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Am,

Can you tell me which version of Webroot that you have? Here is the comparisons

Yes you can uninstall Webroot from your Samsung, and start over.

uninstall SecureAnywhere Mobile from your Android device, do the following:

1. From the main SecureAnywhere Mobile panel, press your mobile device's Menu button.  
  2. In the Menu panel, tap Uninstall.  
  3. If prompted, enter your Webroot password and tap OK to continue.  
  4. In the confirmation panel, tap OK to remove SecureAnywhere from your device.
Note: If you experience problems with the uninstall, they may be due to Device Administrator settings.  Click here 

Ok Am please Clear your Cache on device and then power off the Samsung and restart. Have your keycode available.

I want you to be sure that you have the correct WSA version that you are downloading/installing on your Samsung.  You can go to the PlayStore on your device and install the correct version of WSA.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  Make sure that with Back & Sync and Passwords all set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect,

Please go here for User Guide and Mobile Help

You can also submit that Trouble Ticket (free of charge) for further help!

Would you let me know how things are going?

Regards,

Hello again Sherry.

Once again apologies for the long delay in replying. Festive holiday periods do tend to cause distractions. :-)

In reply to your question concerning the WSA version, I am using WSA Complete.

The good news is that, following your instructions, my Samsung device is now safely protected. 

Although of a communication engineering background I am now 80 years old and my experience somewhat historical! I am therefore most grateful for your expert assistance and above all, your patience.

Many thanks and I hope 2015 is kind to you.

Arn.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Am,

Wonderful to hear you have got your Samsung smartphone working for you!

Wow you've got a communication engineering background? Thats pretty neat but sometimes these smartphones can be cumbersome for anybody!

Thank you so much for letting us know that everything is working for you! If you happen to have anymore issues then feel free to ask.

We are all Volunteers here who love to learn and help others out. You don't need to have problems to visit us here for we do have fun . So chip in anytime!

Wishing you the best in 2015 also!:D

Thanks again Sherry. To quote another Arnie ---- I'll be back. 🙂