Android.trojan.gen.heur

Hi, I need some help... my Webroot app is saying that it detects "Android.trojan.gen.heur" and it can't remove it or quarantine it. I've tried rebooting and running other antivirus apps, even a trojan killer and none of them are detecting anything, only Webroot is. 

Here's the information about it from the Webroot app:
Android.trojan.gen.heur
mobile tracker
Com.android.settings.mt

Is this a false-positive or something serious? 

Thanks in advance!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi marypoppins

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Given what  you have stated I would strongly recommend that you Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can investigate/advise on this.

Regards, Baldrick
I have had the exact same problem since May 9, 2016.
I have opened tickets and written on the playstore page. I have gotten NO RESPONSE from either!!!
I ran another virus program scan which did not detect this.
What am I to do?
I also tried to send the log but no email is given of where to send it. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Hi sueb

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you have opened a ticket for Webroot Support then do not update it until they reply because every time you do it sends the ticket to the back of the queue. You will be able to attach the log to the ticket but the Support Team will let you know what they need from you and when.

? I am wondering as to whether you might be able to check on the position of the ticket for sueb...just to make sure that it is properly logged? Many thanks in advance if you are able to. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
I have same issue - just started today 5.17.2016 Any resolution to this?
Userlevel 7
Hi mcbell

Welcome tot the Community Forums.

As was said in the initial response to the OP, please Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can investigate this for you...it could be a false positive or something else, and they are best placed to advise.

Regards, Baldrick