Battery draining

• 10 March 2015
  • 3 replies

I have installed webroot for a while and its functioning ok but it seems to be draining my battery badly . I am using a Saamsung S3 MIni phone and bettery life used to be about a day and now its just a few hours. 

Tony

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ 
Welcome to the Community Forum,

I don't beliv Webroot would be using up all your battery. Webroot is light on resources.

• Continuous protection without battery drain or interruptions.
Edited: Please look here

Is that with the screen on or off?
Is mobile data on or off?
Do you have poor phone reception where you are?
Do you know Anyone with the same phone so you can try another battery?
My guess is its a faulty battery.

I would try another one as I can't think of any use of the phone which would normally drain the battery that fast in a fewhours - maybe navigating with Google maps using gps and data with the screen on full brightness but even then not that fast!.

You can always uninstall Webroot and see if that's the issue and reinstall again to see if it's truey draining your battery. I've haven't heard of this complaint before.

If you continue to have issues you can submit a Support ticket free of charge with an active subscription.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

I've used Webroot for several years on my PC and various android phones. Recently, I've needed to recharge my phone mid-day. The culprits, per android/Motorola, are SecureAnywhere (48% - screen usage 4m??) and Webroot SecureWeb (16% -screen usage 1h) ; other apps are using single digits. Finally, I removed both from my cell and now my battery lasts all day again. I reloaded them both yesterday and am right back to recharging mid-day. Is it time for me to go elsewhere for the same services?
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hi @mslea ,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. The issue is actively being worked on and we will provide you with an update as soon as we can. If you need to talk with support, you can do so here.

Thanks
Drew