Solved

Lost Contacts and pictures

• 22 August 2016
  • 3 replies

I lost my phone 8/20. Someone found deleted my google account. Lost all contacts and pictures. Can I retrieve from Webroot. If so, please help
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 22 August 2016, 03:10

View original

3 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear about your phone. I'm not sure but you may be able to still retrieve your Google account. Please see this link for instructions.

As far as Webroot, the only thing I can think of is the "Lost Device Protection" feature. However, this feature is only available on the paid "Premier" version of the app or if you have the Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete version of Webroot and have activated the app with the proper key code.
Additionally, you would of had to enabled the "Lost Device Protection" feature on your phone before you lost it.

If you did activate Lost Device Protection, you can use the Lost Device commands from the SecureAnywhere website.
Go to https://my.webrootanywhere.com and log in using your email address and Webroot password. For your device, click the tab for Lost Device Protection. Select one of the commands in the panel. When you locate your phone, it displays a dialog with an option for unlocking your device using your password.
  • When you send a lock command from the portal, you will be asked to set a one-time-use PIN to unlock the device. On the device, instead of entering the uber password, you will now enter the one-time PIN.
  • When a lock command is sent, the PIN that goes with it will be logged in the portal. If the you forget the PIN that was sent, you can look in the device history to see the PIN.
  • If you send a second lock command before unlocking the phone, the most recent PIN is the one you should enter to unlock it.
Hopefully you have luck retrieving your account through Google. Otherwise I'm not sure what can be done.
Maybe others here will have some ideas.

Hope this info helps,:)

bd
I tried this I still do not know how to retrieve my backed up pictures and contacts from Webroot. When I lost my phone someone deleted google account. I got my google account active again but all contacts was deleted. So Webroot would be my next option. Just need some help figuring out how to get them back. If anyone knows how to help me I would really appreciate your help.
Hi ?,

You would have needed to setup the Webroot app on the phone to upload media and contacts to the "Cloud".
If this was done then you can access them in your Web Console under the Backup&Sync tab. You device should appear in the list to the left, with the files listed on the right.

?

Hope this info helps, :)

BD