Solved

Newbie qustion which app to use and why getting Secure Web Browsing not Compatible

• 7 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, I currently use Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Family Pack (10 license) and love it on my PCs. For my phone, I recently downloaded and installed the "Webroot Security - Complete" app from the Google Play Store and installed it. All works fine except under the Secure Web Browsing, I am getting the "This feature is unavailable at this time. Your device is not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing."  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active running Android 6.0.1. I am using the standard browser that comes with it.

The question I have is that I read someone else had the same issue and the recommendation was to uninstall the app and then reinstall the "Security - Free" version. Then, after you do this and enter your product key, it should say, "Secure Anywhere Mobil Premier" on the top of the screen. My app says, "Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete". So which app should I have downloaded and be using?  

I am confused as to why this would be recommended over the Security - Complete since this is what I have a product key for.  Also, when I installed the Security - Complete, it appears it also installed the SecureWeb Browser so the is the Security - Complete really both the Security - Free and the SecureWeb Browser?

Finally any recommendation as to how I can fix the not compatible issue for Web Browsing?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 7 November 2016, 15:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello seasons, 

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The issue you are seeing can be resolved by doing this:
Write down your paid keycode. You can do this by tapping the menu button in the upper right corner of the app's home page and select "Register". While on that screen, it's also useful to note which email you are using for Webroot.
Uninstall.
Install Webroot's "Security - Free" app. This app is free, but if you apply the keycode from your paid app, it will unlock all the additional paid features. It will have the same functionality as the app you have now, except that it can support Secure Web Browsing on your device.
When you install this app, it will try to detect the paid keycode and apply it for you. If it doesn't find your keycode, you will be prompted to enter it. 
You will see "Warning: There are items that need your attention". Tap on "Fix This Now". If you see a warning for Secure Web Browsing, follow the prompts. Newer Android operating systems will require you to give the app extra permissions before we can turn the feature on.
I hope that helps!
Userlevel 1
Thank you Sherry. That seems to do the trick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most Welcome!

Thanks for letting us know::D

Have a nice evening!