Solved

No Webroot icon in status bar

After a recent update for my Android in Playstore the Webroot icon in my status bar no longer appears nor does status bar in oull-down screen telling me everything is OK or that I am protected. Show Notifications is checked in the app but I can't figure out what's happened.
icon

Best answer by Nemo 17 April 2016, 13:12

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hello saapphirelion and welcome to the Community forums.

If you mean that the icon is missing from the upper left corner of your screen, then that is easily remedied.

1. Open the SecureAnywhere app
2. Tap the Android menu button
3. Tap General Settings
4. Check Persistent Status

and it should reappear like magic!

Let us know if this solves your problem.

The Persistent Status box is checked. The disappearance of the icon happened with the most recent update. The update also uninstalled the app from my phone and I had to reinstall it but the icon and the status in the pull down menu are both gone. Can you advise further?
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
I'm not sure I can be of much further assistance short of suggesting that you uninstall the Webroot mobile app and try downloading it again to see if that solves the problem.

If you still have the issue then you can submit a Support Ticket assuming that you have a current valid subscription to Webroot.

If you do not have a current Webroot subscription, let us know and we will see if anyone else can assist you.
I did finally uninstall and reinstalled this app. I'm not sure why I had to allow installing an app from an unknown source because it is an app in the Android Playstore. Regardless of its issues the icon is at the top bar of my phone and the status bar is back on my pull down screen again and I am pleased. My only other issue with this forum is every time I log in to the forum I have to reset my password.
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Pleased to hear that reinstalling has resolved your issue and that you have the Webroot icon and pull-down screen back again.

I'm afraid I've never come across the password issue - perhaps someone else in the Community can help you out there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi saapphirelion.

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Maybe ? who is our moderator can have a look here for you. But you could go to settings for Auto Login if you wanted to and see if that helps? https://community.webroot.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile%3Amanage-autologin-cookie

Nic will be in Monday morning...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm not that familiar with Android I'm afraid - let me tag @ as he's on Android. I'm an iPhone fanboi 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hi Nic

The OPs original Android query has been resolved. Sherry asked for your assistance in helping him with his supplementary query namely:

"My only other issue with this forum is every time I log in to the forum I have to reset my password."

Nemo

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Oh, guess I scanned too fast :)

OP - are you still having this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Oh, guess I scanned too fast :)

OP - are you still having this issue?
:p
Userlevel 7
Hello,

This is an issue that we have identified and are currently looking into. Webroot is still protecting the device as it should be.

Can you please provide more information for me?

What application is this? Security Free?

Under OS notification settings are the Webroot notifications disabled? 

In Webroot, is the setting for persistent status on? 

Can you also provide details on what type of device this is?

When did this first occur, or when did you notice it?

Thank you!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thank you for reporting this issue!  

We received enough information from Support to find the cause.  We are working on fixing it in an upcoming release.  

In the meantime, uninstalling and reinstalling as mentioned above will resolve the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

Thank you so much for that update! 😉