Solved

Re: Password Manager for Mobile applications

Badge +1
I've installed Webroot Internet security plus on my pc and also "complete" on my android phone. How do I access Password Manager on the phone?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 13 June 2014, 03:22

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello mauryp Welcome. That's a good question but I'll check it out. I've never used PM on cell phone. The only thing I do know is you can sign in online to your Webroot Console and see your PM there. I don't believe there one via a browser extension for the phone.
Maybe our experts out tthere like @ can assist with this. 😉 here's a KB link if you want to check it out.

https://mobile.webroot.com/help/index.htm
Userlevel 7
Hello there :)

What version of the Mobile app are you using, and if you use Webroot on your computer which version do you have on it: WSA-AV, WSA-Internet Security or WSA-Complete?
Userlevel 7
Hi mauryp

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I understand correctly what you are asking then SSherjj is correct when she says that the Password Manager does not cover the phone version.  And she is equally correct when she say that you could access your Web Account via the phone, and thence your password data.

To check just what you can do with the Mobile version please see the version's Help located here.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
OK, I have done just a bit of research.

The license to use the Password Manager feature comes with WSA-Internet Security Plus, WSA-Complete and the Best Buy Subscription Software version of WSA.

Android devices can indeed utilize the Password Manager through the use of the Secure Web Browser.  The SWB is available as a standalone app, and is also automatically installed as a part of the WSA-Security Complete app on Google Play as well.

If you have WSA-Internet Security Plus or the Best Buy version for your PC/Mac, you will need to download the Secure Web Brower app separately from your WSA Mobile protection.

If you have a license for WSA-Complete, you will want to download the WSA Security Complete.

To use the Password Manager within the Secure Web Browser:

In MY case, having WSA Complete....

• Open the SWB app.
  • Log into the App if prompted (I use WSA Complete, and I am prompted to log into the SWB upon open.  For the standalone SWB app you may need to click into the menu/options to locate the login.. I am not sure on this point)
  • Click the Menu button of the App
  • Select Vault
  • Select Vault again on the next screen
  • Your stored Password Manager sites should now display.  Click on the one you wish to log into.

See also this part of the User Guide

In my own opinion, while the Password Manager CAN be used on an Android, the implemtation can use some work...

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks David, I have WSAC and yes there is a vault in the settings and a username and password has to be filled in. ...I.ve signed in with email and password. So there is a PM. Not so for free Websecure in the Google App. Store I don't see a vault. I've download WS and it must be only for WSAC?
Userlevel 7
I will have to do more research... I need to remove my WSA Complete from my Android and install the free Secure Web Browser to know HOW to use it, but the description of the standalone SWB does mention Password Manager.

Give me a few mins and I will report back 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Okay I'm still working on the vault in the WSBrowser....So no hurry
Userlevel 7
OK, WSA Complete removed from my Android, and Secure Web Browser is installed.

Upon open, it is asking me for my Webroot account credentials.  This would be the email address and password that has been set for a Password Manager entitled account (WSA-Internet Security, Best Buy version or WSA-Complete)

You CAN click OK without providing the Account, which will enable the free version of the Secure Web Browser.

If one has continued without logging in, simply click the Menu and select Vault.  This will bring up the login screen again.

There may be a delay to be logged in.  BUG REPORT: During that delay, the log in screen re-appeared.  As I was re-entering the data as I thought I had entered it wrong the first time, the display suddently changed to the Password Manager's saved sites.

The free SWB can thus be used without logging in to take advantage of the URL checking features, but logging in will also give access to the Password Manger as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello David you are right the free version of SWB does have a vault....I've got both SWB working without any hiccups on my Mobile Android.

Thank you for the research! Well done!
Userlevel 7
@ @ @ @ 

See my previous reply, and then continue.  This is NOT easy to use.

Now that I am THAT far... I AM noticing that while logged in, and able to access my saved sites, they are NOT correctly logging me in.

This is VERY difficult to use, and is NOT very user friendly and certainly not intuitive to use.  This needs a LOT of work.

Even when logged in, unlike the PC version, it will NOT automatically log you in.

For example, to log into my Yahoo Mail, the following steps must be taken.

Click Menu
Choose Vault
Select Yahoo Mail (Or whatever site you wish)
Click Vault AGAIN
Select AutoFill
Select the Profile (Even if you have only ONE profile for the site, it WILL require you to select it)
It will now complete the login User and Password.
You WILL need to manually click the LOGIN button of the site even if you have your Password Manager set to autologin.

The Password Manager for Android, while functional, is not at all well documented and is not easy to use.  The user experience is vastly different than what the Windows experience is and this may make it extremely confusing and cause many users to think it cannot be done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well David, I'm still putting in PWs to the vault and it does keep me logged in to that site but yes I have to keep going to menu and click vault and continue signing in to other sites. It's cumbersome but once you have all your PWs in the vault I will see if it saves them or not. I'll be back!
Edit:I have to keep putting in my vault PW AND START AGAIN.
Userlevel 7
In my case, once I turn the device off, it logs me out of the Vault.  While I can access the Vault, I have to log in every time, and the above must be used in order to actually use it.

NOTE: While I SHOULD use the Secure Web Browser as my default browser, I do admit that I do not.  I only use use it when I need access to Password Manager, and I use either the standard Android browser or Chrome for the most part.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well now that I've got my PWs in the vault on my Android I mostly use Chrome or WSBROWSER whichever isn't giving me a hard time. Anyways I'm glad we got that PM sorted so I'll let you finish it! 😉 Thanks for Researching again because I've had the vault all along and forgot about it and vaguely remember using it and not liking it. Now I remember why.

Sorry but it does need a few adjustments!
Userlevel 7
I am still going over it LOL.  As noted.. while it can work, it is not always pretty 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What I've found using the iOS version is that there are certain sites it won't work for, particularly ones that have pop-ups or lightboxes that open up for you to login.  Go ahead and submit support tickets for those and hopefully they can get them fixed.
Userlevel 7
On Android, while it does work, it really can use a but more time in the Dev room.  It is not particularly easy, especially for first time users.

Just my .02   🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Alright nic, Sounds good! (About pop-ups..with IOS version)

On my cell..hard to copy and paste comments. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes David is right not easy-to-use for first-time users! Ditto that..because I didn't even realize the vault was for PW until David and I checked it out.
Userlevel 7
Yeah, I HAVE used it, but not often.  While I saw the thread earlier, I was on the tablet and really not able to give a good reply until I was at the laptop.  Sorry for the delay on that.

@ I am not sure how well the Android version works with the pop-up log in screens, but I will check and let you know 🙂
Userlevel 7
Ok, on Android, it also does not work on the pop-up window log in screens and I know from previous use that it does not work in Windows either.

The Password Manager just does not handle the pop-up log in screens at all from the looks of it.  🙂
@ wrote:
Ok, on Android, it also does not work on the pop-up window log in screens and I know from previous use that it does not work in Windows either.

The Password Manager just does not handle the pop-up log in screens at all from the looks of it.  :)

there are many password manager tools for Android and iPhone.
see here:
https://www.iseepassword.com/password-managers-for-android.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

The Password Manager just does not handle the pop-up log in screens at all from the looks of it.  :)

see here:
https://www.iseepassword.com/password-managers-for-android.html

Webroot has there own rebranded Lastpass version in the ISP and the Complete versions so this is really what the subject is about: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/compare
@TripleHel1x wrote:
@Ieajildy wrote:
@ wrote:

Webroot has there own rebranded Lastpass version in the ISP and the Complete versions so this is really what the subject is about: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/compare
Besides the app listed in that post, LassPass is also a quite good option. 
Oh , i don't know how to reset Password on  Mobile phone, i just know how to restore Windows Password 
Most password managers save and generate secure passwords for you, meaning you only have to remember one password—the one that opens your vault. So make it a strong one. <Link snipped as advertising is contrary to Community Guidelines> Baldrick