Solved

Secure web browsing does not work

Userlevel 6
Hi,
I'm an happy recent user of S8+:D
But Webroot Secure web browsing does not work:@ "This function is unavailable. Your device is currently incompatible with webroot's secure browsing.":@
I'm very surprised because my smartphone is one of the latest ?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by JP_ 22 June 2017, 18:21

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI there @,

My best advice would be to Contact the Webroot Support Team with this issue.

Maybe @ has some information about this incompatibilities with Secure Web.Broswer. 
Userlevel 6
Hi,
Thanks @
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You're welcome! 

Let us know if you go through Support to what they had to say. This will help other users as well. 😉
Userlevel 6
Hi @
I opened a support ticket one minute ago.
I will post the support answer ASAP;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@

What version of Android are you using? Secure web browsing only works on 6.0 and above.

It was dealt with earlier in this forum here and here.

Regards

Nemo
Userlevel 7
@, please try the instructions from the thread that @ referenced and let us know if that works.

1. Write down your paid keycode. You can do this by tapping the menu button in the upper right corner of the app's home page and select "Register". While on that screen, it's also useful to note which email you are using for Webroot.
  2. Uninstall the app.
  3. Install Webroot's "Security - Free" app. This app is free, but if you apply the keycode from your paid app, it will unlock all the additional paid features. It will have the same functionality as the app you have now, except that it can support Secure Web Browsing on your device.
  4. When you install this app, it will try to detect the paid keycode and apply it for you. If it doesn't find your keycode, you will be prompted to enter it. 
  5. You will see "Warning: There are items that need your attention". Tap on "Fix This Now". If you see a warning for Secure Web Browsing, follow the prompts. Newer Android operating systems will require you to give the app extra permissions before they can turn the feature on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks JP and Nemo,

How easy I forget! 😞
How would this affect Secure Anywhere Complete users? The backup service appears to only be in that app, which is over 1 year out of date compared to the other ones.
Userlevel 6
Hi @
Thanks, my S8+ is using  Androïd 7.0
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
@, please try the instructions from the thread that @ referenced and let us know if that works.

1. Write down your paid keycode. You can do this by tapping the menu button in the upper right corner of the app's home page and select "Register". While on that screen, it's also useful to note which email you are using for Webroot.
  2. Uninstall the app.
  3. Install Webroot's "Security - Free" app. This app is free, but if you apply the keycode from your paid app, it will unlock all the additional paid features. It will have the same functionality as the app you have now, except that it can support Secure Web Browsing on your device.
  4. When you install this app, it will try to detect the paid keycode and apply it for you. If it doesn't find your keycode, you will be prompted to enter it. 
  5. You will see "Warning: There are items that need your attention". Tap on "Fix This Now". If you see a warning for Secure Web Browsing, follow the prompts. Newer Android operating systems will require you to give the app extra permissions before they can turn the feature on.
Hi @
Thanks for your help but I'm not sure we are talking about the same issue because my Webroot Secure AnyWhere app is already activated.
Userlevel 7
No worries at all, @! ;)

@, the instructions provided are to resolve issues with older versions of SecureWeb being on newer Android Devices.
So presumably the Webroot app should already be activated on your device unless I'm just completely confuzzled:S
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
No worries at all, @! ;)

@, the instructions provided are to resolve issues with older versions of SecureWeb being on newer Android Devices.
So presumably the Webroot app should already be activated on your device unless I'm just completely confuzzled:S
Hi @
"No problemo";) , "Errare humanum est , ignoscere divinum" ;)

This is the continuation of my exchanges with the support:

Webroot Support (Jun 23, 2017 12:35) RE:Secure web browsing does not work on my Samsung S8+
Hi again Robert, 

Thank you for the previous information. Accessibility basically allows the phone to run the Web Shield and Execution Shield. You can check this by going to Settings>Accessibility>Services. You should be able to see SecureAnywhere there and have the option to turn it off and on. 

Can you try this and see if it works? If not, I'll have to escalate this to our development teams to investigate. 

Kind Regards, 

The Webroot Support Team

Your Message (Jun 23, 2017 13:37) Secure web browsing does not work on my Samsung S8+Hi, 
Thanks, I found [Settings (greater than) Accessibility (greater than) Services] but SecureAnywhere does not appear , the only app is LastPass... 
Kind regards, 
Robert

Now I'm waiting the escalation answer.

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

2. Uninstall the app.
Hi @
I'm completely confused and I apologize+++ because I did not try your solution which was right:$
So I can repeat for myself :  "Errare humanum est , ignoscere divinum" !
That's my exchnge with the technical support:

Webroot Support (Jun 26, 2017 17:04) RE:Secure web browsing does not work on my Samsung S8+
Hello,

The issue you are seeing can be resolved by doing this:
1.Write down your paid keycode. You can do this by tapping the menu button in the upper right corner of the app's home page and select "Register". While on that screen, it's also useful to note which email you are using for Webroot.
2.Uninstall.
3.Install Webroot's "Security - Free" app. This app is free, but if you apply the keycode from your paid app, it will unlock all the additional paid features. It will have the same functionality as the app you have now, except that it can support Secure Web Browsing on your device.
4.When you install this app, it will try to detect the paid keycode and apply it for you. If it doesn't find your keycode, you will be prompted to enter it. You can tell you got the paid protection because it will say "Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier" on the top of the app.
5.You will see "Warning: There are items that need your attention". Tap on "Fix This Now". If you see a warning for Secure Web Browsing, follow the prompts. Newer Android operating systems will require you to give the app extra permissions before we can turn the feature on.

Thanks,
Webroot Global Escalation Team

Your Message (Jun 27, 2017 13:12) Secure web browsing does not work on my Samsung S8+hi,
thanks for your answer.
i'm yet using "webroot secureanywhere mobile complete" which is part of my current subscr1ption for "webroot secureanywhere complete" for 5 devices.
kind regards,
robert

Webroot Support (Jun 27, 2017 14:44) RE:Secure web browsing does not work on my Samsung S8+Hello,

As stated in the 3rd step, Install Webroot's "Security - Free" app. This app is free, but if you apply the keycode from your paid app, it will unlock all the additional paid features. It will have the same functionality as the app you have now, except that it can support Secure Web Browsing on your device.

Please let us know if you have problems getting this app installed.

Thanks,
Webroot Global Escalation Team

Your Message (Jun 27, 2017 16:22) Secure web browsing does not work on my Samsung S8+Hi,
Thank you very much.
I followed the 5 steps and now all is running well.
I got a new SecureAnywhere version : 4.2.0.8067 instead of 3.7.1.7660
Kind regards,
Robert
Userlevel 6
Hi,
Nevertheless I would like to point the strange fact that the paid app was not updated (3.7.1.7660)  and the free app was updated (4.2.0.8067) !:@
In my opinion it is not very logical that the users of the free version are better treated than those of the paid version ! :@
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

2. Uninstall the app.
Hi @
I'm completely confused and I apologize+++ because I did not try your solution which was right:$
So I can repeat for myself :  "Errare humanum est , ignoscere divinum" !

No worries at all, @. Really just glad to hear that it worked for you :manhappy:
"Vincit qui se vincit."

I'll bring this up to our Mobile Team when I speak with them next to see where it's at on their list of priorities.