SecureWeb Browser

• 26 October 2015
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I'm using a SecureWeb Browser and I looking information, what processes are started when I clik in browser buttons "star" and "3 dots".
When I run Webroot SecureWeb Browser - starts com.webroot.secureweb
What starts (process / apk) up when I click:
- Bookmarks ("star")
- Configuration ("3 dots")

Regards,
Mirek

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry I am not sure what you are trying to explain here. Could you give me some more information. You can find Help when opeining the Secure Webrowser by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select Help. Hopefully this will answer some of your questions?

Please have a look here at the Android User Guide. http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/1296/Using-Secure-Web-Browsing

Also have a look at this Thread

Do get back to ius if you need further assistance

Hello,

I am looking for options to block the use of buttons (star and 3 dots) by blocking the launch specific processes.
Please send me an information about the names of those processes.

Regards,
Mirek
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Mirek,

What processes are you asking about. I still do not understand what you are trying to explain. Are you looking to change the Webpage from com.webroot.secureweb. to something else?

Do you want to change or reset the Browser Start Page? If you go into Settings by clicking the 3 dots and scroll to Browser Start Page you can type in what you would like. (example:http://www. msn.com or yahoo.com) Also from the menu (by opening the 3 dots) you will see Site Options and Set as Start Page. Then in Settings you will find other options. The star you are asking about shows  Bookmarks/History/Vault.

if you go into the Settings Menu you can Clear Cache (history and cookies)

Sorry if this isn't what you are asking here, Maybe ? can assist here?

Userlevel 7
Hello there, sorry I am so late in replying to the call from Sherry!

I THINK what you are meaning is to block the functions of those buttons within the Secure Web Browser.  That is not something that we are able to advise on within the Community.  If you have a genuine need to block those functions within the Secure Web Browser, please submit a Trouble Ticket to have Support give you assistance.

I hope this helps,
Hello,
I just want to know. What should I do to BLOCK the possibility of clicking three dots. Because I DON'T WANT TO USE this function. Please stop driving me from pillar to post. It is simple queastion. You haven't helped me so far.
Best regards,
Mirek
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

Sorry that you aren't getting the answer that you are requesting. Please submit a Support Ticket like ? has mentioned and they can assist you further. We are Volunteers here doing our best to help others..

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
As I posted above, you might try to submit a trouble ticket.  If you have done that, and Support cannot help you, then as I assumed it just plain cannot be done.  Since the menu function is built into the UI of the app, the only way to remove the menu would be to re-write the code of the app.