Setting won't stick

• 19 April 2014
  • 5 replies

I have Webroot Secure Anywhere Mobile Premier ver 3.6.0.6579 for Android. I have an HTC Droid DNA with Android 4.2.2. I constantly get a warning message that my installation is not secure because the need for a password to uninstall is turned off. I set it up following Webroots prompts. Then it has me activate the Device Administrator. This happens every day. Please help. i don't know if it's my phone or your program. Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi markdoc

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome3.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome3.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome3.gif

In this case I would recommend that you uninstall WSA, restart your phone, then reinstall WSA as per the instructions...and then see if that resolves the issue for you.  If so then it was an installation issue (and we have come across some of these occassionally).

Another thing that you may want to check is Account Console tie up with your phone...this has been know to cause isses as well...this has been well described by one of our gurus, @ in one of his previous posts, part of which I reproduce below for your information:

"...go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes."

I hope that some of this is of assistance to you in resolving your issue.  Please post back to let us know how you have gotten on...all feedback is most welcome and helps us do a better job of trying to assist users with similar problem, in the future.;)

Regards

Baldrick
Unfortunately it worked for awhile, but again I am getting "Virus definition out of date". Now what?
Thank you in advance,
Mark
Userlevel 7
Hi Mark

Sorry to hear that you are having a new issue here.

There was a problem like this previously but it was my understanding that it was fixed, so if you are unable to update the definitions correctly I would suggest that you submit a Support Ticket at this time.  The assistance of Webroot Support may be needed to re-address the issue.

Having said that and if you would like to have a go at something different first then you could try to uninstall the program...making sure that before you do that you:

1) Go to Device Administrators under Settings to deactivate first. 
2)  Write down your Activation Code... just in case it asks upon re-installation.
3)  Delete Program and then go to re-install program

This has been known to resolve the issue for some users but cannot be guaranteed to do so for all...if it does not work for you then the Support Ticket is definitively your best approach.

Hope that helps?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks Baldrick. I tried that already and it worked for a little while but didn't hold.
Userlevel 7
Hi Mark

Drat...well then, all I can suggest is the following before you get on to Support.  

Have done some research and come across this thread which although long and covering previous versions may provide some further suggestions if you have not yet found/read it. There seem to have been, in the past, a number of issues that may have contributed to definition updates not happening automatically and so one gets the definitions out of date message.

These include  SD Card, & Out of Memory/Disk Space issues, etc.  NOt saying that the answer will be therein but worth a look if yo have not already...just in case.

Apologies I cannot do more to help at this point.  Please keep this thread update re. your progress to a solution.

Regards

Baldrick