Solved

Three threads detected but they won't get removed

Userlevel 2
Hi, I recently subscribed to the PC version and wanted to try the mobile free one before purchasing the premier version, but I encountered three threads that aren't getting removed.

adobe air: com.google.model.mi

engriks: com.android.apps.start

engrils: com.google.fk.json.slo

When webroot tries to remove them the uninstall app procedure starts but then they aren't removed and still appear as threads.

Regards and thanks in advance for any advice you could give me regarding this issue
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 25 April 2016, 04:04

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello lariesadx

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you please Submit a Support Ticket and they will check this out for you. This is free of charge with your Webroot subscription.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the quick reply, Ssherjj, I have sent the report and also upgraded to premier version in order to try fix the issue,  

but still no luck, I think those files are embedded into the root partition, I tried the master reboot once before but It didn't work, maybe flashing the phone is the only solution to fix It

Best regards and thanks once again

Edit: Added another image, with the item details It's the same for the other detecteds threads, I hope It helps a little more
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi lariesadx

You are most welcome. Thank you for posting the screen shot. Please wait for Support and they can check to see what's going on here,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?

This  is a possiblility that the Android. Trojan.Gen.Heur seems to be a False Positive according to the Support Team when others have posted a similar threat. So it's still best to see what Support has to say.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Sherry, we should wait and see what the support team has to say about it, but I don't think these ones are false positive.

I'll tell you why, when I got infected I recall clicking on one advertisement banner on a website when I was surfing with UCBrowser app, and also when I didn't disabled those apps with the disableapp tool, they installed automatically some other apps, sometimes browsers and other times clean cache tools, I don't have any screenshots of those since I used the Factory data reset function on the phone, believing they would simply go away. I don't want to enable those apps again since I've already linked my debit card with Uber.

I forgot to mention that my device is rooted, and that could be the reason I got infected so easily when I mis-clicked the advertisement banner.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there! ?

This sounds like you have got something pretty bad on your device. I have Googled all those threats and from what little I could find it wasn't good. 

I was just hoping that the Trojan would be a false positive as shown here and this thread.

Yes this is a wait and see...I did read that the factory reset doesn't work without doing other steps first.

Please keep in touch and let us know what Support has to say won't you? Since I have not heard of 3 of these threats before it would be nice to know how Support handles them.

Goodluck and hope to see you back with good news. 😉
Userlevel 2
Good day Sherry,

I still don't have any response from the support team, did I submit the ticket wrong, do you know a way to check the status of the ticket?

Thanks in advance, and have a great week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there lariesadx,

Well I can ping ? and see if he sees your support ticket. OK?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't see the ticket under the email address you used to register with the community. Is it possible that it's under a different email address?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi lariesadx

Did you use Submit a Support Ticket HERE?

Support usually responds to your email within 24-48 hours.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the advice Sherry and nic, I sent another one, this is the screenshot; please tell me If I'm missing a step or something:

The last time It showed the same message: Submission successful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi lariesadx

You will get a confirmation email for Support right after you send in your Support Ticket. Did you get that yet?
Userlevel 2
Hi Sherry,

I didn't get the confirmation email and neither the last time, should I use the Send another message and add a link to this post?

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah it's still not showing in the ticketing system for some reason. I went ahead and put the ticket in for you, so you should be hearing from support shortly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi lariesadx

EDITED: Thank you ?

Well Nic is saying he cannot see your Support Ticket that you have sent because you might be using a different email addrfess then the one you hyave listed with the Forum.

You should see a Ticket like this after signing in with your email address.

Userlevel 2
Thanks nic and sherry, I'm using the same email linked with my webroot account and the forums. Could It be that since I didn't  renewed on a long time (2 years) I was added to a blacklist or something :catlol:

Sorry for sending another one I didn't saw nic already sent it.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No prob - at least we got the ticket to go through finally!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi lariesadx

It's okay but usually it's not advisable to send more then one support ticket because it can put you further down the list. Just so you know that. ;)

Please let us know how things turn out. So that we can help others as well.

You are welcome!
Userlevel 2
Sure I will keep you guys informed, and will try to not sent more than one ticket on the future as well :catwink:

Thanks again.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi lariesadx..

As nic said no problem.:D

And your most welcome !

Userlevel 2
Hi guys, I hope you all are well,

This is the update: support team told me that the best solution was using the erase from factory function on the phone, but since I already done that without  good results, I'll try flashing the phone to another firmware, I hope this will remove the threads, I'll keep you informed about what happens.

Thanks a lot for all your help, Sherry and nic, see you soon.

PD: Either If break my phone (with a bad flash) or resolve the issue I'll mark it as solved but only after I try It :catlol:
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good Luck! Hope things turn out for you. .We will be waiting to hear from you then. I just hope you have good news about your phone.. 😉
Userlevel 2
Hi, after a long try and error with Flash, IMEI writer tools, and allowing disabling Windows 8.1 digital signature for drivers, I flashed my phone successfully, and the malware engriks with their other files are removed, now I have another Issue, maybe mywebroot console, considers my phone as new since I installed webroot from google play, when it didn't had the IMEI added properly, and shows with a new key product key and also with the 365 days as when you buy the app. I just hope it didn't buy another key.

Any help is kindly appreciated, and kinds regards as always.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there lariesadx.

I am glad to hear that your phone was flashed without harming your device and that you have got that straightened out.

My advise would be to Submit a Support Ticket and they will be able to help you in knowing if you purchased a new keycode or not. 

Or Call:
https://tel:18666124268
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM (MST)
Sat-Sun 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM (MST)

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 2
Hi Sherry,

Thanks again for your kind support as always :catwink: , I submited my question (ticket) as you suggested, I will wait and see what support team has to say about the new issue, I'm sure they'll understand the situation, and finally I will mark this post as solved :catlol:

Kind Regards