Solved

Webroot Will Not Update The Definitions

I have used Webroot Secure Anywhere on my Nexus 7 Android tablet for at least 8 months. (The free version prior to that.) Today, I am getting the warning my definitions are out of date. Webroot will not update the definitions. I cannot even Force an update. Please help!

icon

Best answer by nic 22 August 2014, 19:26

View original

18 replies

Same warning. Definitions are out of date and screen is orange, not green. Fix now just flashes, but does not fix. Tried to do force update also. I have the paid version for many months. Please fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Same problem here with my HTC phone.
i have a problem that it willnt let me fix it and i have i want to uninstall it from my phone and it will not let me either and i have it on my  pc too and that is fine...  also paid for it and if this is going to happen when it is time renew it i am not going to do it
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
i have a problem that it willnt let me fix it and i have i want to uninstall it from my phone and it will not let me either and i have it on my  pc too and that is fine...  also paid for it and if this is going to happen when it is time renew it i am not going to do it
Hello and Welcome to the Community Forum happygurl3277, Im sorry you are having difficulties with your Webroot. Would you mind lookking at this article and see if this will help uninstall your Webroot and do a clean reinstall

To Uninstall Webroot from your Mobile device following these Instructions You can refer to KB article here as well, In your mobile device go to Settings/Phone adminstrators/uncheck SecureAnywhere.
  • Tap Deactivate.  If prompted, tap OK.  
  • Open Google Play, navigate to the SecureAnywhere app and tap Uninstall, as you would with an app not using Device Administrator. SecureAnywhere uninstalls itself.

For a clean reinstall I recommend uninstalling from WSA

Open Help in right hand corner of Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile.

Tap Uninstall

Enter your Webroot Password.

Sometimes its necessary to clean your browser cache before rebooting device. Here's our Knowledge Base Article Here

Reboot and Reinstall your Mobile Version provided from Google Play Store for Premier  
Free Version of Webroot AV or
Webroot Complete Version Mobile

Please let us know if this worked or not? You can always issue a Suoort Ticket here

We are Community Volunteers that will try to do our best to get theses issues resolved.;)

Thank You,

@      
Was webroot acquired by Microsoft? Must have, hence the uninstall and reboot suggestion to fix something that should be a simple fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome to the Community Forum petergiza! Yes it can be a issue and problematic as you state here:

Was webroot acquired by Microsoft? Must have, hence the uninstall and reboot suggestion to fix something that should be a simple fix.

--------------------------------------
We are only community Volunteers who try to help and suggest solutions for everyone and it's cumbersome I agree for the client but when technology gets broke what else can you do to fix it yourself? Or as Webroot does have free technical support and you can't beat that anywhere can you?

Have a great day petergiza!
Hope to see you joining in the Forum for we do have fun here and we learn a lot from eachother! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have used Webroot Secure Anywhere on my Nexus 7 Android tablet for at least 8 months. (The free version prior to that.) Today, I am getting the warning my definitions are out of date. Webroot will not update the definitions. I cannot even Force an update. Please help!

Hello and Welcome woodring!

Have you tried clearing the cache or temporary folder in your Browser?You may try this if you want.
In your Browser go to Menu-More-Settings/ Select Clear Cache/Clear All/Cookie Data/Clear History/Clear Form Data. And Here is more information on Clearing the cache.

How to Clear Cache in Webroot SecureWeb Browser:  How to Clear Cache in Webroot Secure Browser: 1.Open WSB in the right hand corner of Browser click to open2.Click on Settings/Scroll down to Cache3.Clear Cache (Clear browser and cookies) 
Reboot and try to force an update now.. If this doesn't work then can you try to uninstall and reinstall WSA. I believe thes Instructions might work! I dont have this type of Android but if you reinstall make sure you have your keycode available.

If none of this works Please Submit a Support Ticket here

Do get back to us if this works or not so that we can help others.

Thank you,

Clear browser cache and cookies

In your browser go to Menu - More - Settings. Then select Clear Cache / Clear all cookie data / Clear history / Clear form data
- See more at: http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/google-nexus-7-tablet/clear-browser-cache-and-cookies-64/#sthash.lBpuTjn9.dpuf

Clear browser cache and cookies

In your browser go to Menu - More - Settings. Then select Clear Cache / Clear all cookie data / Clear history / Clear form data
- See more at: http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/google-nexus-7-tablet/clear-browser-cache-and-cookies-64/#sthash.lBpuTjn9.dpuf 
In your browser go to Menu - More - Settings. Then select Clear Cache / Clear all cookie data / Clear history / Clear form data - See more at: http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/google-nexus-7-tablet/clear-browser-cache-and-cookies-64/#sthash.lBpuTjn9.dpufIn your browser go to Menu - More - Settings. Then select Clear Cache / Clear all cookie data / Clear history / Clear form data - See more at: http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/google-nexus-7-tablet/clear-browser-cache-and-cookies-64/#sthash.lBpuTjn9.dpufIn your browser go to Menu - More - Settings. Then select Clear Cache / Clear all cookie data / Clear history / Clear form data - See more at: http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/google-nexus-7-tablet/clear-browser-cache-and-cookies-64/#sthash.lBpuTjn9.dpufIn your browser go to Menu - More - Settings. Then select Clear Cache / Clear all cookie data / Clear history / Clear form data - See more at: http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/google-nexus-7-tablet/clear-browser-cache-and-cookies-64/#sthash.lBpuTjn9.dpuf 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Same warning. Definitions are out of date and screen is orange, not green. Fix now just flashes, but does not fix. Tried to do force update also. I have the paid version for many months. Please fix.
Welcome Dink62,:D
Can you Clear your cache in your device in Settings. Reboot and then try to force an update?

Get back to us if this doesn't help and you can also issue a Support Ticket here

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Same problem here with my HTC phone.
Welcome to the Community Forum Sheltieuk!:D

Sorry fo your issues! Would you be willing to follow this thread with the advice that I have given others?

By the way the HTC is an awesome phone! I really liked it when I had the Thunderbolt. I had the Premier version and upgrade to the WSAC.

Please get back to us if you cannot resolve your issues!

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Update: this is a known issue that we're working on getting fixed ASAP.  In the meantime, as a workaround, you can uninstall and re-install.  Sorry for the hassle and I'll let you know as soon as it is resolved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks a reinstall seems to have fixed the problem with my HTC phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thanks a reinstall seems to have fixed the problem with my HTC phone.
Great News Sheltieuk!:D

Thank you for replying back! Make sure you come back to visit and meet us all here because we are a very friendly group in this Forum!

Salute!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok dev has resolved the issue.  Please contact me if you're still getting errors.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Ok dev has resolved the issue.  Please contact me if you're still getting error

Great News Nic!! Thanks again!:D
I hear you Sherry, it was a tongue and cheek comment?. It's really annoying to have to go thru all that for something so basic. Anyway is a great volunteer forum, one that provides a voice from the user community to being attention to such issues.
Userlevel 6
I had the problem the whole day with WSA free and it's resolved now 🙂
Hi
I have a Samsung s4. The force definitions update now button says last update was 6 days ago. When i press the button the timer thingo briefly pops up then disappears and nothing has changed. When i change the frequency of auto updates it says updating definitions in the notifications bar for a few seconds but nothing happens.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community @

Have you done all this below?

SecureAnywhere Mobile scans your device weekly and updates threat definitions daily. If desired, you can change the frequency of these scan and update schedules.

To change the schedules:
  1. From the main Webroot Mobile Security panel, tap Security at the bottom.
  2. Tap Antivirus http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_mobile_android_arrow.gif.
  3. Tap Schedule at the bottom.
  4. Tap either Scan Frequency or Definitions Update Frequency, depending on which one you want to adjust.
  5. In the next panel, tap Never, Hourly, Daily, or Weekly.
There is also an option to update definitions immediately. To do this, select Force Definitions Update Now. Webroot Mobile Security links to the Webroot website and downloads the latest definitions (if any).

If you have tried to Force and update already and it's not working, would you please restart your Samsung and see it that will work for you. If not please get back to me. Edited: We may need to do a reinstall.

Kind Regards,