What is meant by You Need To Be Online to use Scream?

• 9 November 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have Webroot Premier For Android Phones on 4 device which are all the same.  Sometimes, when I try to use SCREAM from my PC, I am told that I need to be Online.  What does this mean?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please have a read at the Mobile User Guide HERE

In order to use the Scream Command your device needs to be online or connected to WiFi or Telephony/Satelite.

Lost Device Protection helps you locate a missing phone or tablet, and lock it down if necessary. If you have an Android device with phone capabilities, you can use another device or the Mobile Security Website to send it one of these commands:
  • Lock: Remotely locks the device and prevents its unauthorized use. Once it's locked, you must use your account password to unlock it.
  • Wipe (available for the Premier version only): Immediately locks the device, then begins wiping ALL personal data from it. Do not use this command unless you are absolutely sure that you want to delete all your personal data. The Wipe command removes the entire contents of the SD card (photos, videos, browser downloads, etc.), contacts, calendar entries, call log, browser bookmarks and history, text messages, all secondary email accounts configured on the device, and the password of the primary Gmail account on the device. (It does not delete your account; that can only be done with a "factory reset.") Before wiping data, Webroot Mobile Security turns off the Auto-sync function so it won't delete anything you've previously uploaded to the Gmail servers, such as contacts or calendar entries.
  • Locate: Locks your phone (same as the Lock command, described above), then responds with a link to a Google Maps page showing your phone's current location. Note: For the Locate command to work, the device must have either a GPS, Wi-Fi, or a telephony connection. Also, if your device does not support SMS or if Webroot does not support your carrier, then you must have logged into the Android Marketplace on the device running Android version 2.2 or greater with a data connection.
  • Scream: Locks your phone (same as the Lock command, described above) and then blasts a loud screaming noise from your phone to help you locate the device or scare a thief. The noise will continue for up to two minutes or until you unlock the device with your password.
Hope this helps?