Why can't I login to my.webrootanywhere.com.

• 25 September 2015
  • 5 replies

I just downloaded Webroot for Android to trial it, and created an account. The application directed me to my.webrootanywhere.com as a way to manage my account but I can't log in. After entering the email address and password, I get directed to a screen that says "You are now logged off"

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I have Webroot on my Android and I am not familiar with this issue. Please look at this KB article and see if you followed these instructions to activate your account.

? do you know what could be happening here? Will changing her password help?

If you still are having issues then submit a support ticket

Or call Webroot Support...1-866-612-4227 and they can help you.

That's complicated. I assumed that creating an account and password on the mobile was enough to enable me to login to the website.. It also seems strange that you have to manually copy and write the product key shown on the same screen as the activate button to activate that product key!

Once I completed the convoluted process, I found that I ran afoul of your primitive password settings as briefly shown on the registration screen and found again here...

• In the second field, enter a minimum of 9 characters for your new password. Your password must contain at least 6 alphabetic characters and 3 numeric characters. Your password can be longer than the required 9 characters. It can include special characters, except for angle brackets: < and >. Your password is case sensitive. As you type, the Strength meter shows how secure your password is. For optimum security, you should make your password as strong as possible."
Someone obviously  has trouble using character encoding APIs in your development team if they can't handle angle brackets as a special character.

For the record, I use a password manager to generate a long (usually 32 character length) password with all sorts of special characters - no exclusions.

Given the amount of effort I've had to go through to get this far, maybe I should switch to trialling some other product. Why can't my password be as strong as I can make it. The fact that you put limitations on it indicate to me that your password storage system has some vulnerabilties that will be exploited at some point :(

Userlevel 7
I think a Ticket might be in order... I have never seen that and really do not know quite what is happening.  Odd that it did not ask for the security code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

I happen to think the process was quite easy ...so I'm sorry you are having such issues with the Webroot program. I am just a Volunteer here trying to help others the best way that I can.

If you have any suggestions or ideas you can post them here in the Feature Request and they will review these where as the forum members can read and reply and give kudos to your idea.The Development Team will take notice.

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I think a Ticket might be in order... I have never seen that and really do not know quite what is happening.  Odd that it did not ask for the security code.
Thank you @ for the assist!:D